1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PHOTOS] Astros vs Braves (Colts uniforms)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockHEAD, Apr 13, 2012.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

The Houston Astros celebrated 50 years of baseball on Tuesday night, April 10, 2012. In 1962 the Colt .45's debuted to major league baseball. For this game against the Braves, the Astros donned uniforms with the original Colts logo. The old logo didn't bring the team any luck as they lost 6-4 against the Braves.

These photos were for originally for a Houston Press slideshow. Here's a link to the slideshow with more images.

Most images were shot with a Canon 5D or Canon 5D Mark II, 70-200mm, 300mm, 17-35mm.

Baseball by far is the hardest of the professional sports I, personally, have shot. I prefer to shoot basketball and football because there is always some action to shoot but I definitely won't turn down another baseball assignment.

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8300b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8267b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8276b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8277b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8190b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8203b by groovehouse, on Flickr

7. Chipper Jones home run
    [​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8219b by groovehouse, on Flickr

8. Chipper Jones smirking as he runs home after his homerun.
    [​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8227b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8249b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5D_6786b by groovehouse, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Astros vs Braves - Minute Maid Park - 04.10.12 - 5DII_8214b by groovehouse, on Flickr

4 people like this.
  2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

thanks for the pictures
    uniforms looked great

3. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I know that Chipper is disliked by a lot of people, but this is a great picture in context. His dad, Larry Wayne Sr, was in attendance at MMP, sitting in the front row right behind the Braves dugout (they interviewed him for quite awhile on Fox Sports). For Chipper to come out and hit a home run in the first game of the last season of his career, with his parents in attendance, had to be a tremendous. He was looking at his family smiling (not smirking) from the time he rounded third until the time he reached the dugout.

4. rockHEAD

To be fair, the fan in the outfield did snag the ball from the Astros outfielder. I assumed he was smirking at that whole situation...

5. Hightop

Hightop Member

Did you take these? I think I can barely make myself out in photo #4 haha.

6. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I was at the gas pump for that game.

Good pics.

7. rockHEAD

Awesome! Yes, I did take these!

You were at the pump? I stopped by the pump a couple of times that night! I'm glad you like the pics!

8. Hightop

Hightop Member

I meant #10... Is there a higher-res version easily available to see? thanks