1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remaining Free Agents...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 2, 2012.

?

Should we sign another impact player or 2?

1. No

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. A scorer backcourt / wing

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Another Big man

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Both, a big man & a scorer

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This is a list of the remaining available free agents. We have up until April 26th if we would like to add another impact player.

After the Pacers loss it was clear that we need a rebounding big man.

With Lowry and Martin likely gone until mid to late April / early May, we could really use a wing scorer...T-W....?

Who do you think we should target or attempt to add?

Point Guards: Allen Iverson, Eddie House, Mike James, Anthony Carter, Antonio Daniels, Luther Head, Will Conroy, Marcus Banks, Mike Wilks, Mardy Collins, Sherron Collins, Zabian Dowdell, Lester Hudson, Armon Johnson, Gabe Pruitt and Terrico White.

Shooting Guards: Michael Finley, Rasual Butler, Keith Bogans, Larry Hughes, Stephen Graham, Othyus Jeffers, Willie Warren, Jermaine Taylor, Darington Hobson, Durrell Summers, Xavier Silas, Quinton Ross, Morris Peterson, Derrick Byars and Flip Murray.

Small Forwards: James Posey, Al Thornton, Jason Kapono, Renaldo Balkman, Jamario Moon, Joey Graham, Da’Sean Butler, Darius Miles, Julian Wright, Devean George, Gilbert Brown, DaJuan Summers, Marqus Blakely and Bonzi Wells.

Power Forwards: Jeff Green, Rasheed Wallace, Derrick Caracter, Josh Powell, Leon Powe, Jeff Adrien, Solomon Jones, Mikki Moore, Joe Smith, Sean Williams, Brian Skinner, Michael Ruffin, Ryan Reid, Darnell Jackson, Joey Dorsey and Ike Diogu.

Centers: Mehmet Okur, Dan Gadzuric, Earl Barron, Francisco Elson, D.J. Mbenga, Hamady Ndiaye, Fabricio Oberto, Jarron Collins, Melvin Ely, Chris Hunter, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Garret Siler, Darius Songaila, Etan Thomas and Jake Voskuhl.

2. IzakDavid13

...that list makes me wish that Yao would come out of retirement.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, I really would like him to give it one more go......

DD

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd rather see what Morris can do with regular minutes.

5. The Bird

The Bird Member

I wouldn't mind having Jeff Green if he's healthy.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This.

Not that I think Morris will immediately contribute, but that list of free agents is not impressive. It's a little late in the day to be looking for help in free agency. Remember, the team did have 3 open spots and filled them with Boykins, Fortson and Malcom Thomas (assigned to DLeague). Seems this would suggest that the front office isn't really that high on the list above.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not sure if you would accurately classify Stephon Marbury as a free agent but you might want to throw his name up there.

But yeah, the list is not that impressive.

I actually think that Morris has played pretty well in the small amount of minutes he has played at least defensively. On offense he doesn't really fit in the game scheme so Im not sure how much he will ever play down the stretch without a few different offensive sets to run through him, but Im sure they would trust him over any free agent wing out there.

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Neither would the Celtics, who will be paying Jeff Green a handsome salary once he gets healthy. He's what many of us want Marcus Morris to become, plus he's an inch taller.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Nobody wants Bonzi Wells? lololol

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

In 2006, I would sign ...

PG: Iverson
    SG: Finley
    SF: Posey
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Okur

Get it done, DM! :grin:

11. Porksta

Porksta Member

Isn't 'Sheed retired?

12. IzakDavid13

I just had a look over it, and it does look a little grim...but if faced with a choice which 3 would you bring to town to look at?

In other words who would be your top 3 on that list?

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

None of the guys listed are "impact players."

1 person likes this.
  14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This.

It's 2012 people.

15. Red&BlackPudman

Jeff Green seems like the only likely candidate. I want to see Marcus Morris play more before we would consider going that route though. Basically the same player style wise.

16. rolyat93

Jeff Green is out for the year with heart surgery, and after that he belongs to the C's as a RFA

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

some of those guys are out for the year, aren't they?

De'sean butler...might be worth a look. Coming off an injury, yo never know when things will just click together and he'll be back to what he was, or close to it. Unfortunately he's got parsons and Bud in front of him. RGV should be an option though.

18. Know Your Role

During one of Bullard online question/answer sessions I asked him if Allen Iverson would be a better 10 day contract than a dleaguer. I made it clear that I am neither an A.I. fan nor stupid enough to recommend the Rockets pick him up, I'm just asking out of curisoity. Bullard avoided the question but said the Rockets were not looking for a pg. Days later they signed Boykins. My question still remains. Regardless of the **** storm he brings with him, is A.I. worse than dleaguers? I'm assuming no one really knows except Allen and it's probably yeah, he sucks and needs to disappear.

19. rolyat93

You can't just disregard that.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the problem is the **** storm he brings. He doesn't want to play team ball or within the system. That's why it didn't work out in Memphis.