1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet putting in work for the Trailblazers.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Z-Ro&Trae, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Haha, they're actually playing him and Flynn? I guess they really are tanking hard...

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Y we no tank like Portland? we had the necessary tools for sure, before we traded them away.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Portland's recent history.

1. Drafted Telfair #13
    2. Traded #3 pick for Martell Webster.
    3. Drafted Oden #1
    4. Traded #4 pick for Aldridge, #7 pick for Roy
    5. Traded #13 pick for Bayless.
    6. 1st round elimination
    7. Back to sucking again

5. thabeet

thabeet Member

dont be jealous of me.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really sad to because the team we beat in the playoffs had Roy/Aldridge/Oden all healthy at the same time. We were a really really good team that year.

7. conquistador#11

you almost fooled me.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I remember Oden would come in, pick up 4 quick fouls on Yao, and then sit back down. He missed a few FTs here and there too.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah, him and Pryzbilla did pretty well fronting Yao and eating the fouls though, while Roy took over on offense, if it weren't for those two, we would've swept them.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

fixed above a lot of people harp on how they went with oden over durant but considering had oden stayed healthy (which was a huge IF portland should have seen from the get go) it wouldnt look too crazy to take them #1. To me trading the #3 pick down to the #5 to take Martell Webster and passing up on Deron Williams AND Chris Paul is the most glaring mistake they've made in recent history.

11. Asian Sensation

At least they flipped Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge and Randy Foye for B.Roy. It's sad that B.Roy had to retire before he hit his prime. 2-3 years from now he should/would arguabally be the best SG in the game with Kobe likely retiring/declining and Wade declining. Even when healthy I thought Roy was about neck and neck with Wade. Roy almost single handedly beat us a few years ago... Thank goodness Battier/Artest had a bit left in the tank even though Roy put them on skates 90% of the time.

12. lalala902102001

Portland had some bad lucks in the last couple of years, but they are doing absolutely the right thing right now in tanking and rebuilding. This is what I have been arguing the Rockets should do for a couple of years now. Portland's management understands that their team as it was constructed would be a medicore/borderline playoffs team for years and they weren't satisfied with that. The Rockets appear to be content to be in that position.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you think the Rockets are content to be a borderline playoff team you are HIGHLY mistaken. We would've been a top 5 seed had the Gasol trade gone through like Morey planned. He was trying very hard to get Howard, but Howard's Indecision thwarted him.

Morey is not trying to blow up the whole team and rebuild, but that doesn't mean he's content to be a borderline playoff team.

14. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Waka Waka Thabeet has no hands. He got no hands!

15. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

hahahahaha i love how everyone just assumes we would have been a top 5 team IF Gasol had been here… do u assume this way so it supports your argument that morey is a good GM??

well here are my real facts to back up my claim… Morey constantly is trading to set up a BIG trade to then make another trade to set up a BIG trade.. thats all we hear.. "just wait, something big is coming"… and if u think us trading for a over 30 PF is something great than all u guys a idiots.. Gasol would leave here so fast after his contract was up it's not even funny.. plus he wouldn't have played hard AT ALL! david stern did us a favor.. Gasol has repeatedly stated he DOES NOT WANNA COME HERE… so why would we want him..

u watch, this off season he has cleared cap space for us… and every good free agent is either restricted or 50 years old like Tim Duncan.. so we aren't gonna get better through FA.. and we've seen all the trading he does.. expiring contracts for more expiring contracts and mid to late round first round draft picks… which isn't getting us great players either..

he won't tank, which is the only way we will get a top 3 draft pick and he won't do it.. face it.. until morey is gone he will keep us a .500 franchise.. and don't give me assumption posts or he's gonna posts.. show me with facts how i'm wrong.. we are constantly .500 with him.. we could have traded Yao before his last injury.. but nooooooo, les and morey wanna make money in chinatown.. he sucks.. and we will be mediocre and the #8 and #9 seed until he's gone.. Moneyball didn't win championships in Oakland for the A's and Moreyball ain't gonna work either..

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

So we have two teams in the exact same mediocre positions to start the year, with Portland deciding to blow it up at the trade deadline and Houston deciding to make a playoff push. What's the measure of success? Which team wins a championship first?

There's more than one way to build a contender. OKC blew up their team and rebuilt quickly. Minny, Sacramento, and Washington have not had it so easy. Chicago was on the mediocrity treadmill with Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng as their headliners and never tanked. They just happened to luck out with the #1 pick and now lead the eastern conference. And even with Rose injured, they still look like a solid team.

Portland's gone the OKC route. We're in the Chicago mold. We just need to add that one star piece.

17. jruthlaz

jruthlaz Member

Look Ma! Another disgusted tanking thread. :rolleyes:

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Newsflash. If you're only going to take players who would rather play for the Houston Rockets as opposed to only the most prestigious franchise in the league, you will be searching for a loooonnnngggg time.

19. cod

cod Member

It's not a proper rebuild. They are retooling around Aldridge and Batum.

It's pretty much the same core before they traded for Wallace last year. Flynn and Thabeet got minutes because it was garbage time.

20. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

NEWSFLASH, thats why u dont trade for them or hold your breath waiting for them to decide in free agency u DRAFT THEM, Like we did Hakeem, like OKC did with Kevin Durant… oh wait i forgot, OKC is a storied franchise.. Gasol doesn't wanna come here because we have no established star for him to play with like he has in Kobe.. If we had one he would want to be here.. and we aren't gonna get one this summer if you go look at the top 10 free agents.. all RESTRICTED and the rest are old farts.. u get one in the draft.. face it.. we have to tank.. but we won't and will continue to be a .500 franchise taking high reward low risk moves of yesterdays crap(thabust, flynn, t-will)…

tell me who we are gonna sign this summer in free agency that will be worth eating our cap space up…?

all we can do is package our first round picks plus kevin martin in a trade for someone out there that is a dynamic player and use the rest in free agency to put around this Mystery player… suggestions?

or use 2 picks and Martin to move into the top 3 of the draft? this is better than giving 3 guarantee contracts(which will use up some of our cap) to low first round picks..