1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac FB comment on Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BDswangHTX, Mar 20, 2012.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Given the time difference, even if it was broadcasted, it would be difficult for him to watch. Yao is a busy guy. He is in school, owns a basketball team and many more business ventures. Doubt it is easy for him to watch a game at around 8 AM his time.

He did say that he has been following the Rockets online (maybe he reads CF? ;) ).

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Sooo... you're rolling your eyes why, exactly?

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yao without tmac = 2nd round

tmac without Yao = no playoff wins.

I dont hate tmac, but saying that "real rocket fans" realized that, is dumb.

If Yao was healthy against the Lakers, we could have beat them, and advance to the Conference Finals.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he forgot that Real Rockets fans love winning in the playoffs!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S-9xVUmmg1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The only time Yao and the Rockets have played in the second round of playoffs in the last 10 years or so was when....

McGrady was at home.....on his couch...picking his nose....fresh off of throwing his teammates under the bus.

Real Rockets fans know a loser when they see one.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stop repeating this garbage over and over, and get over it. The crying gets old. The reality is: Yao's inability to match up with the Jazz cost us two series and: Adding McGrady to that 2nd round team and we win the title.

This team wasnt going anywhere without Yao and it wasn't going anywhere without McGrady.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man I miss those days too. McGrady and Yao were special when they were both healthy playing together.

8. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Yeah, all three games it seems like. Those two could never collectively sustain their health at the same time.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Bit of an oversimplification since McGrady never had the help Yao had that year.

Yao was better for us in no small part because of his mental fortitude (although McGrady was more talented), but McGrady could have gotten us to the second round against an even tougher team the year before if he had a point guard, a healthy Battier, or another consistent scoring option (like Ron Artest or even an 09 Brooks or Scola).

... *sigh* I don't like digging up these bad memories.

10. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Real Rockets fans thank him for giving an amazing run. We thank him for the 13 in 35, the dunk on Bradley, helping with the 22 game win streak. Watching him play was amazing as he did it so effortlessly and watching him alongside Yao was just a beauty to watch

but we also remember when he gave up in Toronto, the countless times your heard back spasms and his name in the same sentence, the countless times he wasn't on the floor...

Interpret how you want it, I loved this guy when he played for us. I miss it you could only imagine would could have been if they were healthy......(and Rafer wasn't our Point Guard)

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Errr... I think a lot of the McGrady first-round hate is stupid, but you realize that they only lost one Jazz series with Yao, right? That was in 07. In 08 when we played the Jazz again, Yao was out with another stress fracture.

I 70% agree with your last statement, but the 30% disagreement is because I believe the Rockets could well have taken it all in 09 even without McGrady if Yao and Mutombo could have stayed healthy. We would have beaten the Fakers, most likely the Nuggets, too, and we would have crapped all over the Magic.

Still, if those two could have stayed healthy together... man. We'd have at LEAST two more championship banners hanging from the rafters at TC right now.

Spilt milk, I guess.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Quit making up stuff. Adding McGrady, that's what a bunch of teams did, not only the Rockets with the same results.

Look, this thread was alright until the TOF started to address the "real Rockets fans"

so a real fan, Zboy replied:

Zboy was speaking the truth. stop hating the truth.

#52 tinman, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

This sentence doesn't make sense.

I imagine stuff all the time, I don't miss imagining things cause I can do that anytime.

You don't miss things if IT DIDN'T HAPPENED.

Let me give you an example.

I miss Hakeem Olajuwon winning Finals MVPs.

That happened, not this missing 'it you could only imagine would'... crap

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i guess you weren't around for the 22-game win streak huh? are you a fairly new rockets fan?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Zboy is real fan.

He pointed out to you that the Rockets won a playoff series. Apparently that means nothing to you.

You are a TOF.

Oh, how many games did Tracy play in that 22 games?

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Uh... I don't get it. Is that a joke? McGrady played in 21 of those games... And played pretty damn well in most of them.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I was around for REGULAR SEASON win streak...the same streak where McGrady was getting his ass kicked by Kobe Bryant (as usual if I might say) in the Lakers game and it took Rafer Alston's threes (go figure) to save the Rockets.

I guess you weren't around for 7 (count it, SEVEN) first round exits by your role-model (you coulnd not have picked a better one).

I guess you weren't around when the midget Derek Fisher of the Utah Jazz held McGrady to 39% FG in the playoffs.

I can keep playing this game if you want me to....

#57 Zboy, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Look dude, you know what I'm getting at.
    The 22 game winning streak is by the Houston Rockets under Rick Adelman where there were lots of contributors to the winning besides Yao/Tmac.

That's why they hired Rick to make offense more than just 2 players.

but that's not the point that the TOF wanted to point out.

Look, there's nothing wrong with what Tmac said . It's only his jungalow followers going on here pleading for the real fans to worship him like they do.

22 game winning streak is a team effort.

You know the Rockets won 15 in a row in 93-94 right? It has ALWAYs been a Rockets winning streak credited to the whole team.

But that was a time when Tracy fans didn't exist. A great time.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Tmac was nearly a great when he was on. I mean alltime great potential at times shined through. It was sad injuries cut him and Yao's career short.

20. Remix

Remix Member

I'm with T-Mac and it's cool he still has some fond memories.