1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets waive Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 16, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This must mean they couldn't even trade him, yesterday. wow.

2. hooodwink21

hooodwink21 Member

in one fell swoop, all the 2009 draft busts are gone (flynn, hill, williams, and thabeet)

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't talk about Lin. Morey is still kicking himself for that. If he had kept Lin, he wouldn't have to scramble for a third-string PG now, and wouldn't have to worry about Dragic walking after the season.

4. Remix

Remix Member

yea that's what I'm thinking lol.

Morey: Hey i will trade you Terrance Williams and cash for a 2nd round pick
    Random GM's: hahahaah no thanks
    Morey: ^%@$*%

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The 09 busts are gone! I wonder what his twitter looks like?

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I won't disappoint.

7. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Dam couldn't we at least trade for a 2nd round pick for this guy?

Refresh my memory guys, didn't we trade a 1st round pick for T-Will?

8. ling ling

ling ling Member

The rockets did him a favor when they released him. It was said to give him an op to get play time somewhere else in his contract year.

9. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I try to "Speak no ill of any fellow Rocket", but it's over now. That dog just would not hunt.

It's sure not a bright day for the Rockets organization, flushing a first round pick down the toilet, but it was time to lighten the load I guess.

Can't really feel too bad for Williams, I would imagine he made more sitting the bench for three years, not playing basketball, than most of will make in a lifetime.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thank goodness. What a tragic tale of ibiocy that guy was. For those of you crying over that pick, it was replaced yesterday. Also if we miss the playoffs, we get it back. Right??

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

So this means I have to get rid of T-Will and Jordan Hill off my 2k12 team...damn

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

People should really get off of Morey's case about the T-Will debacle. Everyone of us on this forum thought that we had gotten a steal with that deal. Little did we know. As a matter of fact, most of us here owe Rick Adelman an apology for last years comments about not playing Williams. I know i do.

Sorry Rick.:eek:

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

We just waived him and we have to pay his contract. Even if you amnesty a player you still have to pay the contract so there's no reason to waste our amnesty on him.

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

For real? Isn't there a clause in the CBA or something that would allow us to void the trade, then? Emailing Stern and the Rockets brass right now, brah. Don't panic. Still, don't know how they could have missed this. Serious lack of due diligence.

:)

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We have got very little in return for all that talent (TWill and JHill).

16. Htown's2kFinest

Morey epic fail.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The worst move Morrey made, now is gone. The T-Will trade was like a "lost decade".

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not really. An Epic fail would be a wrong that he doesn't make right.

If you didnt notice, Morey traded Jordan Hill, a player that wasnt even going to play the rest of the season for a first round pick. I guarantee you that they do not make this move if the Terrence Williams experiment never existed.

Le$, who you guys think of as being the ultimate cheap A$# owner, is going to reach into his pocked to pay millions extra this year (which wont be show in salary cap figures)to buy out Fisher.

All that just to right the wrong that they made with the Terrence Williams trade. Thats alot of money to spend just to get that pick back that they are going to be loosing which should be very similar in quality.

If anyone should be pissed about this, its Les, and I think Morey/Les will not be giving out good references in the future for Terrence.

That being said, I think Morey learned alot from this trade. I think they continue to pursue gambles in the future but need to display a little more caution on personality issues and fit on the roster. If you are going to give up a first round pick for someone, they better be good enough to beat out the guys in front of them without question. Theres nothing worse them wasting a pick on someone who might not even crack the rotation.

19. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

At least he can go play somewhere else where he'll get some PT.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Damn straight...I was looking forward to adding Dwight Howard, but now I have to add Camby. ( Fisher will be bought out so I don't have to suffer that Burden)