1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

The first rounder is fine, but seeing Fisher in red is a disgrace.

It's the equivalent of seeing Quitten and MerGady in our uniform again. I will never cheer for him and I hope the home crowd boos him as well.

2. bumbum09

bumbum09 Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is he gets cut pretty quickly. The Rockets do NOT want any piece of that player option. We want to be as flexible as possible this summer. We could potentially have 3 1st round picks we have to offer contracts to and we are still going to pursue a top free agent, probably DWill. So yeah, we don’t want him here taking that player option with us.

He’ll be back with the Lakers for 1 or 2 more good runs at a ring. The Lakers are deeper/stronger with Sessions and Hill so I’m sure he wants to get back to LALA land quick. I’m almost willing to bet that Fisher being bought out was agreed upon before the trade was approved by both teams. From Fisher’s standpoint, he gets his 3.4 mil this year and then he can resign with the Lakers for 2-3 more years with the vets minimum and that should even out money wise. For the Lakers they free up a little more room to get deeper this summer with Fisher on a minimum contract. I could be wrong but I think the vet’s minimum doesn’t count against the cap.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

PEOPLE OF CLUTCHFANS:

• 2011 CBA: If a player is traded and subsequently waived by his new team, he cannot re-sign with his original team for one year following the trade or until July 1 after the last season of the player's contract, whichever is earlier.

Fisher CANNOT re-sign with the Lakers for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jimes

Jimes Member

Or a possible very future early first round pick ;)

Does having this let us trade away our other first round picks for 2012 and 2013?

5. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Lateral move, I like it because Jordan Hill was going to rot in the bench anyway. Base on the pick alone, it's not a bad move.

6. cod

cod Member

He could have gotten that treatment in Utah but sold the story to the Jazz owner he needed to get that treatment in NY. Larry Miller paid out his contract in full and released him only for Fisher to sign with the Lakers. There were rumblings the Jazz weren't too happy about that.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

1) at the moment we only have 1 pg (Flynn is gone/ Lowry out another 2-3 weeks)

2) WE ARE GETTING a 1st round pick from LA

1 person likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

good trade for us because we got a late draft pick. it's a very small move that doesn't help us much, but at least we got something. draft picks are always good.

9. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

The POS better not suit up in a Rox uniform.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Miami then. Maybe Chicgao. Some contender will pick him up.

11. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

No, the rockets are getting a first round pick (top 20 protected) from the Lakers. We are not giving them a first rounder. I believe it is the Mavericks pick that the Lakers have rights too.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Derek ****ing Fisher lulz

50 year old Fisher and 50 year old Camby.

Band-aiding this team.

The hell with Daryl and Les.

13. Aleron

Aleron Member

The most likely scenario is we agree not to waive him and he agrees not to take the extension, that way he can resign for a year with the lakers.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. I hope they buy Fisher out anyways.

15. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Dont say that too loud around here...butt hurt people who cant get over 2009 playoffs and have never played basketball a day in their life will not like it and wont understand the obvious logic with your comment.

I wish there was a test or qualifications to becoming a "fan"...some of these people around here are childish "homers"

1 person likes this.
  16. bumbum09

bumbum09 Member
    Supporting Member

Okay I was wrong, he won't go back to the Lakers... :p

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

so are we keeping him or not?

When would he possibly play ahead of lowry or dragic?
    Is going to veteran,coach like mentor on bench for dragic and lowry?

I say we cut him but only after we let scola kick his ass

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Wow, so much hate for Fisher. I really don't get it. Lakers fans not liking him I understand, but what's with all the deep hatred for the guy here?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I really see upside in bringing Fisher in as a Lockeroom fixture. Guy is hated in Houston from playoffs a few years ago and the fact that he is a Laker at heart, but he is a vet who knows how to act like a professional.

Putting Fisher, Camby around Lowry, Martin, and incoming Montiejunas will be worth it if they have to take on a few mil extra in salary next year.

The Rockets honestly could have used another old vet in the lockeroom the past few months. There has been some major immaturity this year.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

haha, now the lakers hav more problems, no experienced pg