1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

why? he's not that good.

2. Garner

Garner Member

He has a sweet flat top

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

By draft picks are we talking about the NYK pick?

4. Garner

Garner Member

For clarification; if Houston misses the playoffs, we lose our pick to the nets via t-will trade? Is there protection on that pick?

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Latest tweet from Clutch says we are no longer pursuing that deal

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No thanks to that deal as presented. Morey's starting to reek of desperation.

7. Andre Barrett

Andre Barrett Member

I wonder if they would take patterson and we could keep dalembert. I love him as a back up. With DMO coming over next year patterson becomes more expendable.

8. burgower1994

burgower1994 Member

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Person involved in the talks says Rockets have now backed away from Bogut discussions to pursue another deal. Stay tuned.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The Knicks pick is currently 9th in a very top heavy draft. I don't see the point of trading it for an injury plagued big man (albeit he's talented) who is out for several more weeks and then have to take on Stephen freaking Jackson.

How does having Bogut and Lowry on the shelf for the next 2-4 weeks help us now?

10. allanivan

allanivan Member

I think our real offer should be somewhere different from reported. May be one more player get into the trade from rockets

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

yes...... Bogut is easily a top 3 center.......why don't you look at his numbers?

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It says Warriors and Rockets stepping up pursuit of Bogut.

What this tells me is Orlando is interested in Bogut. If Warriors can get Bogut for Monta Ellis in some convoluted deal where Orlando sends out other stuff then they can also send out Bogut and a few more pieces for Dwight. Bogut, Ellis, and another piece or two for Dwight. The problem is what is Orlando going to send Milwaukee for Bogut and Jackson??? That's $18-$20 million of salary they gotta give Milwaukee. And they ain't got nuth'n to give Milwaukee.

On the other hand, we could send Milwaukee $20 million of expirings contracts......Dally, TWill, Flynn, Hill, and Thabeet. And the bottom line is if Milwaukee wants to move Bogut for some sort of draft pick, then they gotta keep SJax and his $9 mill owned. Relieving them of SJax with Bogut (who is injured) should be expirings only or no players of any real consequence, since they are inheriting our cap space for 2012.

We can then, in turn, send Orlando Bogut, Lowry, and Martin or Scola if they want...for Dwight.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No... you have to watch one player over one season or better over several seasons not just over a stretch.

DHoward
    Bynum
    Marc Gasol
    Al Jefferson
    Horford
    Pau Gasol as C
    Brook Lopez on Offense

Not many... I give him Top 5 or Top 6 and I am lenient

14. Garner

Garner Member

Ken berger clearly does not care that I have work tomorrow. . .

15. allanivan

allanivan Member

YESSSSS.....:)

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yes. This. If we're forced to take his bloated contract, no way would I give up the picks, too.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It's lottery protected. If we miss the playoffs we keep it, but the pick obligation to New Jersey remains.

18. Garner

Garner Member

Forgot Marc;

Howard
    Bynum
    Marc gasol
    Bogut

Pau & horford are PFs. Lopez. . . Really? He is averaging something like 3.5 rebounds a game. . .

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting. Obviously Dalembert +Lee is a no-brainer. The draft pick must be where they are different. Most likely its the Knicks pick (again) that Morey wont part with. Thats the only thing that makes sense.

20. cod

cod Member

Pau deal back on? Or there's another one involving Martin to a team that hasn't been mentioned by the media yet?