1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

no way you do it if it's the Ny draft picks. that's a potential 7-10 pick in a deep draft for injury prone andrew bogut. and we give up my favorite player in corutney lee as well??? hell to the no!

2. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

Berger didn't include many pieces in that reported trade. If Houston is acquiring Bogut/Jackson for Dalembert/Lee, the Rockets would have to at least include Thabeet and one other "2009 bust" to make the salaries match. Seems like there could be a lot of moving pieces in this trade.

Assuming Dalembert's contract was going to be picked up and Courtney Lee's cap hold next summer, getting Bogut seems like a wash in terms of cap position next summer. But adding Jackson to the deal, even though he will be an expiring contract next year, would add a dent in the available cap space. Then again, its not like we have a chance at signing an unrestricted player better than Bogut in the offseason anyways. Might be worth it.

3. dockerland

dockerland Member

If you can get Bogut on the roster you do it. Would be interesting to then see if they try and make another move straight after. Front court of Pau and Bogut would be nice..... :grin:

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

If trade is for Bogut, with second trade of 2009 lotto bust expirings for Jackson, then kiss major 2012 cap room goodbye. Rockets would be kicking the can down to 2013, when both Martin and Jackson expire.

Not saying it's a bad idea. In fact, it might be the right move. Just saying, is all.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thing is would we be able to still make the playoffs with only
    Dragic,flynn
    Martin,Jackson
    Parsons,Bud
    Scola,Pat
    Hill,Pat/Scola/Smith
    for the majority of our schedule?
    I think not, but i also think there would be another trade after that.

6. DieHard Rocket

Don't like it. I'd like to try to swing for the fences assuming we end up with two lottery picks. Either move up or package them in a huge deal this offseason go revamp the team.

I like Bogut but I just don't know how much further he gets us. Lee and that pick are two of our best chips and I don't know if I'm ready to sell them for an injury prone center.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I don't think they do this deal UNLESS Dwight agrees to not opt out in Orlando. In that scenario, I can see us trading to eat up our cap for another year. We would have Bogut plus the expirings of Martin and Jackson to throw at Orlando for cap relief, along with our young players, including Motie and Llull coming over, this on top of re-signing Dragic. We'd be loaded with parts to trade at the trade deadline.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

we could just sign & trade for d-will right?

9. cod

cod Member

my hopes are inflated again.

it's role player deep. rockets need a franchise level player which is what bogut is.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair, Bogut did not prove anything... other than that IF he is a franchise player... he is one of the worst

11. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Let's not forget he is out for the season so he wouldnt help us for this season. We would get raped if we did this trade. No draft picks in this year's draft plus losing a good guard in Lee, just to get back an injury prone center in Bogut. No thanks.
    If Morey does that then he needs to be fired on the spot.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If Jennings is involved I'm all for it but just 4 bogut no way bcuz we would have a major hole at da 5 spot which is why u think we would still get gasol a Jennings gasol tandem is nice with bogut healthy next year along with d-mo

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No way you trade a first rounder and take back Jackson. It's one or the other.

14. cod

cod Member

The Rockets are a better team.

He also would've been a better fit under Adelman than Yao. Better defender, passing game, and more comfortable from the high post. Yao's passing was good but was overrated here. Bogut has a natural feel/read of offense.

15. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Real saying Bogut to GS??

16. Garner

Garner Member

When healthy* Bogut is a top 3 Center in the NBA.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He was probably lost after this season anyway.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just want Jennings in this deal no Jennings no way

19. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

NO..just no

20. larsv8

larsv8 Member

They could still amnesty Martin or Scola and give away Lowry. Thats nearly max money, if say Howard stays in Orlando and Dwill commits to Houston.

Bogut has proved he can be the backbone in an elite defensive team which is where the Rockets need to improve. If all it costs is Dalembert, Lee and the Knicks pick, you do it, even if we end up missing the playoffs this year as a result.