1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/craig-brackins

Athletic PF with a good jumpshot and size. Good ballhandling and could shoot 3s in College. Definitely has potential, seeing his skillset and him also being 6-10 gives him more upside than some of our PFs.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. In a heartbeat.

Unless some other great deal comes along involving Martin, and I certainly don't want to see him on the Timberwolves.

Evan Turner has some definite value. He hasn't lived up to his draft status but the kid plays hard and could improve under the right guidance. Even if he doesn't, he'd be a great rotation player.

Kevin Martin would provide Philadelphia with the shooter they need alongside Iggy the distributing/defending wing. Kevin'd be happier in that situation. He wouldn't be looking over his shoulder, or dreading the buzz of his cell phone: "God, is that Morey telling me I've been traded to Cleveland?"

Plus we dump a lot of salary and set us up for better things.

3. cod

cod Member

a second year steve novak type player who can't beat out rookies for playing time even with brand injured.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sounds like Diabetes or something like that, not good.

5. ROXTXIA

Oh, God, after I wrote all that, please don't let this kid have some sort of ailment. Not that I'd want it to be a sick relative, weighing on his mind, or something like that...

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Battier wasn't number 2 overall he was 6th and Hasheem was a bust, we all knew he was a bust. We made the deal with Memphis to not lose Shane for nothing and nab a 2nd round pick. Turner has skills Thabeet has nothing but height.

This guy has potential and if they didn't already have enough players like Turner, good all around game but not pure scorers, he'd be putting in good value minutes. Very good buy low sell semi-high for a potential star.

Remember how everyone said Kyle sucked at shooting? Does he suck now? Prime example of if you work on your game it'll come sooner or later.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

FLASH, we got a first rounder that turned into Montiejunas for Battier btw.

1 person likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's right! Thank you Reek, totally forgot it was for last years draft pick that was flipped into Donuts.

Good looking out, but my argument will probably be bashed now that Clutch came out with that mysterious ailment news. Ugh, I'd still do it if whatever he has is manageable. Maybe it's just kept secret between the organization and him, wouldn't they have to explain that if a deal went thru (physical)?

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That's possible, the guy just doesn't seem like he has any energy in him from time to time.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

or anal fissures. That would cause inconsistant play as well.

1 person likes this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Go SIXERS finish ahead of the KNIXIES! Go BUCKS and really flummox the Knixies! ;)

12. cod

cod Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=4683505

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is this Sixer rumor 'warmer' or for that matter 'better' than Martin to Adelman, deal ultimately flipping Gasol here? :confused:

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wow, didn't know he went through so much **** in his life, terrible.

15. ROXTXIA

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ooooh! Another #2 draft bust! Putting those assets to work!

:rolleyes:

Keep acquiring draft busts and hope one turns it around. Good strategy.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I often like the idea of bringing in busts from other teams because I think other teams are not run well and often don't know what they have or how to develop. The Sixers however, in my opinion, are a well run team, so I don't think Turner takes any steps forward here.

They have always liked Martin, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on this deal. This was most likely thier proposal.

Just stop. We have no idea who is pushing the trade, it could of just been Morey answering the phone.

18. valorita

valorita Member

Turner needs to be in the right situation to progress. In Philly, he was behind Holiday and Iggy as primary ball handlers. He is the quintessential point forward.
    In college, his calling card was:
    -great rebounding wing
    -pretty good creator/facilitator
    -above average defender
    -nice kid/high character

Martin's value is >> Turner's. Philly wants Kevin bad because he is the perfect complement to Iggy and I believe they are in a win-now mode.
    The problem is that this kind of trade puts us in a limbo. We are still too good of a team to truly benefit from going young here and as a result getting a high lottery pick.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Evan Turner would make me giddy, I have coveted him on the Rockets since the draft.

DD

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Translation: stay the **** away from turner.:grin: