1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In Texas, Islamic Schools Face Tough Road To Participation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da1, Mar 5, 2012.

1. trustme

trustme Member

You must be drunk...

1 person likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Well, when you tell me that Awty International, the Jewish school and all these other non-christian schools that are in TAPPS have magicallly converted overnight to christianity....I'll believe you.

Until then, you're just dead wrong.

#22 SamFisher, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

NY Times says you are wrong.

I'll take their credibility over yours.

Just because they allowed some exceptions in doesn't mean they aren't still a

4. AMS

AMS Member

reads like it.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just because they may have been founded as that, they aren't still that. When the U.S. was born and the founding fathers said "all men are created equal", they didn't mean black men. Is that still the case?

FYI, the word Christian does not appear anywhere here.

4 people like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

+1000000

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I'll take the fact that I actually have been to TAPPS games over some dumbass german-korean dude with a hard-on for muslims who couldn't tell St. Pius X HS from the hole in his ass quoting the NYT about who has participated in TAPPS events

still....? What exactly? Trying to find something that doesn't make you dead solid wrong? Give it up and admit your mistake - TAPPS is not and has not been an all-christian organization since at least the mid 80's. TCIL was always all christian (hence the name) TAPPS was expressly not, at least nominally.

3 people like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sam, just quit it. Its clear he has his own agenda. I don't know if he realizes it, but he's a basso or blightexxx when it comes to this stuff.

10. Ender00

Ender00 Member

So why rare they asking to join, if they know full well that most kids are not going to be of Islamic faith

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Reminds me of some of the Muslims in Europe -- sense of entitlement and making others change for them

1 person likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The more hysterically you try to justify your remarks, the more idiotic you look.

I don't give a rat's ass about your special ed high school.

Here are some facts:

My statement was:
    1) is undisputed
    2) It's 90 % Christian
    3) is backed up both by the NY Times article and TAPPS' own website, stating that ALL schools initially had Sunday as their "holy day".

You claimed that 2) and 3) are incorrect, based on some alleged personal experience as a ballboy at some special needs school's games.

The only argument you can retreat to is that not all schools are Christian, but that was clear already anyway, as there were at least some Jewish schools. So, reading my statement no. 2 as "by far predominantly Christian", all 3 statements are correct.

You throwing a hissy fit over them doesn't change anything about that.

1 person likes this.
  13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Wow, ATW, ease up on SamFisher. He's been obliterated by you and I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

14. trustme

trustme Member

I don't think SamFisher denied anywhere that it was established as a Christian organization. He said it hasn't been the same since the mid 80's and you are yet to refute that claim. You're pretty much repeating what he said so far.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Clutching at straws much? Can you read?

It's still more than 90 % Christian.

SamFisher is an embarrassment to himself of the highest order (once again), which he tries to make up for by using insults and pseudo-strong words, as usual.

By the way, if you want to spot a bad lawyer, that's what they do - they try to make up for their lack of a good case or coherent argument by using strong words.

#35 AroundTheWorld, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

So, reading your statement as NOT what you wrote, it's correct.

**** yeah. I like that math.

Too bad it's the heart of your argument, and the heart of why you're dead wrong. Kinkaid was in TAPPS in the 80's, Awty has been in there for a long time, the Texas School for the Deaf was in TAPPS, Harlingen Marine Military used to play there, etc ad nauseum

Listen, I know it's pretty amazing that you have the power of the googlebox from your little humble abode for 40-year old Teutonic Asian weirdos who are obesssed with denigrating Inter-web muslims on Houston basketball messageboards and can use it to structure some sort of rudimentary understanding of Texas High School sports- but it can also make you look like a complete dumbass, which it has in this instance.

I don't portend to know all about the Der Kinder Team Handball Bund practices are in your town, but if I did, you'd be fully justified in administering the kind of Dresden level firebombing you are receiving in this thread because only hands-on-ball experience can subvert some assclown who can look up an NYT article.

***RACK HIM***

1 person likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not very kind of you to talk like that about the OP, who looked up the NYT article. What has da1 ever done to you?

It's also amusing to see how your spelling gets worse the more excited you get about getting owned - once again.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well it's abundantly clear that some people prefer religions not to even ask to mix with other religions and to expect insulting/mythological responses when they do.

In fact, IIRC, a few are supporters of the 'failed mutikulti' (popularized by A Merkel and Britain's Cameron), which is ironic since they appear here to be offended that the Muslims have ASKED to play in this league. It's no wonder multikulti has failed in much of those countries, especially if that's the kind of attitude being carried around.

At the end of the day, it can be a private association, with Christian values, accept other schools, and ask questions with the kids' security in mind. These are Christian values IMO. Maintaining a mostly-Christian front and name while sealing people off from Muslims seems pretty anti-Christian to me. In fact, it seems pretty similar to the circumstances Jesus came to correct.

In all seriousness, do you think Jesus would place any obstacles in front of another religious group peacefully reaching out to a self-proclaimed Christian association to play sports?

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have seen TV reports of non-Muslims in Germany trying to visit a very large mosque in Duisburg/Germany. Guess the outcome... what do you think was "the kind of attitude being carried around" by the people running that mosque?

I don't know, depends on whatever this private association decides they want their private association to be. As you can see with the Jewish school they allowed to join, suddenly they have to bow to the wishes of someone they let in as an exception. Do you think that makes them more likely to allow more schools in which do not fit the original goals of their private association?

If you are honest, you can probably name, from the top of your head, several private Islamic associations in the UAE which would not even consider allowing non-Muslim members.

If you cannot, I can tell you some.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't see how your first statement is even loosely related to the topic.

That's why I said they "can" be.

Yes, I can name several in almost any country, for any almost any religion, and I assure you neither Germany nor Christianity are exceptions. The UAE is similarly irrelevant to the topic.