1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher keeps tying to sell a Lowry+Scola for Gasol trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 6, 2012.

1. pge71188

pge71188 Member

He also said Gasol is willing to come here now. Lol

<HR>Admin Edit: <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6676062#post6676062">Posted video of Ric Bucher talking about this</a>. I edited the thread title and removed the "Bucher said 'very likely'" wording in the original post.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just posted that in the other thread but yeah, ha. "My understanding is Gasol is a little more open to being moved to Houston than previously."

He also said he would consider moving Kobe. :p

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Bad deal, IMO. I really hope there's more to it than that.

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'm sure DM will make a 2nd and perhaps 3rd trade after we acquire Gasol ...

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

dragic starting at PG? he makes to many bad decisions. Really though he is upgrade to scola and can actually play in the post instead of shooting jumpers all game. Gasol +dabear lineup looks nice. Lowry has be very inconsistant as of late and has lowered trade value like scola. Lakers benefit from this trade though.

6. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

say it ain't so! At least hold on to Lowry.

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

They may make twill the point guard Lowry is indeed gone. :eek:

9. tharges

tharges Member

T will can run the point now yay!!!!
    If this happens with Gasol and Scola and Lowry gone im officially off the Morey band wagon.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I like Gasol, but with losing competitors like Lowry and Scola and bringing him in this team's toughness quotient will drop down dramatically. Where's the fire going to come from on this team, when Gasol and Kevin Martin are your best players?

I hope its just a rumor, and Bucher is overstating how likely this is.

11. Nero

Nero Member

Cool, then we can Bring in Nene, and trade for Chuck, and give NY back their first pick and they can give us back Lin.

:rolleyes:

Of course, Stern would jump in and nix that deal *for basketball reasons*

:mad:

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This can't be true.......can it ?

13. arjun

arjun Member

impossible.....

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lowry and Scola are both younger than Gasol. That's not the direction we should be going. Also, good point guards are almost as hard to find as good centers.

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

There has to be more to this, as it currently stands we'd be losing value in trading Lowry for Gasol, not to mention also giving up Scola.

If true there simply has to be more to this, like for example: we will also deal Martin and Dragic for Rondo ... or something like that.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great points, personally I want to avoid Gasol because I get the feeling that when his decline starts in earnest, it'll be pretty quick and drastic.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, but....not a hair out of place. Good dental work. Good ole Ric Puker.

Puker is reeeeeeeeeally latched onto this idea. Is he obstinate as hell? Does he know someone inside the Lakers organization? Is that someone shining him on?

We'd better have one solid-azz 2nd deal ready to go down if we help the Lakers by sending them Scola and Lowry. And I mean, Rondo at best, Llull at worst.

Why would Gasol suddenly be open to playing here? I'll dismiss the idea that he wants to play with Llull. I guess he's just ready to move on after the trade talk. Besides, the Mike Brown version of the Lakers is much the same as the Mike Brown-led Cavs: give the ball to Kobe/LeBron; occasionally call timeout; let the bigs get the boards and putbacks; rinse and repeat.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I really get this feeling that Morey has floated this out to Ric through his sources to see if he can get the Nets or Magic to the table with DWill or Dwight.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If we trade for Kame as well next years front court would be

Gasol
    Kamen
    Dally
    DMo

That would be a hell of a difference from the undersized back court weve been throwing out there the last couple of years. BTW, I'll beleave KLow for Gasol when it happens.