1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Selling Card Collection - $$ For Your Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Feb 27, 2012.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

I've had this for a long time and am looking to pass it on. I am looking to sell it for $1,000. The total value, according to Beckett.com is $8,415 and it consists of about 2,500 cards. If you're interested, great, send me an email through the board. If you know someone that may be interested, I'm willing to give you anything on top of $1,000 that we're able to get.

It is about 80% basketball cards, some football, some baseball and some hockey (including a Gretzky rookie). I have a list of all of the cards and their values that I can email you if you email me through the board. Just let me know you'd like a copy of the list.

There are also some cards that I could not find on Beckett.com so I posted some pictures of them.

Here is the link.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pugs

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

just from my experience even if the whole lot is worth 8400 when you are talking about a volume of 2500 cards thats basically like 3.37 per card in value. I dont know anyone that really would want to buy those type of cards especially in that volume -- and thats just the average you may have some cards worth less and will have cards worth more.

You're probably better off taking the top 5-10% of your cards in value and selling those separately most likely any buyer is going to be wanting to looking at those cards anyway. I would basically try to list/sell any cards worth 50 bucks or more - anything thats serially numbered rare (under 200) and any memerobilia cards

the rest? i mean regular inserts and all really dont have much of a market anymore I think anyone that would want to buy the whole set will be looking at your best cards anyway.

just my two cents.

3. heypartner

heypartner Member

I can only go to $500. Yes, you have some nice ones in there. I really would like that Gretzky in my display case. But you see, I can't sell them all at once. It will take a lot of time to sort them, catelogue, price and package them for individual sell. Then find buyers. Some I won't be able to sell. So, I'm looking at a few days work. And then I don't know how long they will sit in my store. I have to make a profit, and big collections of mix n match items always come with risk and overhead.

I'm sure the wife doesn't want you to go back home with these. 500 cash. I can right you up right now.

#3 heypartner, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What kind of store do you have if you don't mind me asking.

5. codell

codell Member

He owns a pawn shop in Vegas.

Here is a picture of heypartner:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

Yeah, there's a lot of cards in there worth less than $1. I just figured it couldn't hurt to throw them in and let whoever gets the collection do what they want with them. I suppose I could take them out and that would greatly increase the average value of the collection.

HeyP, why would want to make an offer before you've even seen what is included? Don't you want me to email you the list?

Pugs

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

Ok, $450.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

I suppose that's a no.

I'll send it to you anyway since I already have your email address. :p

Pugs

10. heypartner

heypartner Member

Ok, I can do $600. But that's my final offer. you see... The Yao Mings aren't really worth anything anymore as the Chinese flooded the market. And your complete Francis collection is worthless. I understand your sentimental attachment to your Hakeem's and the rare Vernon Maxwell rookie, but the value of those are more sentimental to you versus what I'll be able to sell them for. Too bad you don't have any Jeremy Lin rookies.

11. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

Your best bet is to go to a card collecting forum. If you have any good cards you'll definitely find buyers there. Or ebay the bad boy.

Blowoutcards.com

Sportscardforum.com

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

As an old-school comic collector, I can say from experience: Take YoYo's advice, Pugs. Best way to maximize profit.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

any charizards?

1 person likes this.
  14. RV6

RV6 Member

That Maxwell rookie should get you $1000 alone from Tinman :)

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

are they in mint condition?

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

Most are, some aren't. I listed them all in near mint so that I wouldn't regret it when someone receives them. If they were obviously in worse condition than that, I made sure to to list them that way.

Pugs