1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hightop

Hightop Member

To who? The unborn human?

Ultrasounds are usually a part of abortions. And I already said I'm not in favor of it anyway - but I'm glad it's just one state and not the Federal gov.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not worried about him putting forward any legislation about it. But it is an insane point of view to have. Ron Paul doesn't get anything passed in congress and he will never be president, so I'm not worried about him legislating anything. I am just showing evidence that he's crazy and extreme.

There are very few religions that would believe a married couple who didn't want to have kids would be immoral to have sex. Ron Paul does. That's crazy.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Via daily kos - Romney to give speech later today plugging novel strategy of more tax cuts in front of *packed* house @ Ford Field.

Developing....
    [​IMG]

4. Hightop

Hightop Member

He was talking about the lax attitude about sexual responsibly. Pills don't make a sex act moral or responsible. And neither does the government.

And the liberal douche in the video is lying (surprise!). Ron Paul doesn't not want the Federal government to regulate abortions. That is not the GOP "line". It's quite contrary.

The liar in the video says that Libertarians believe that "anything goes with sex" - well yeah as far as government enforcement. But you can still have your own moral belief system about it.

This must be soooo confusing to dumbass leftist statists.

This just more abortion fear mongering form the left. They know their time is coming to an end.

5. Hightop

Hightop Member

And that guy put a tones of words in Ron Paul's mouth. He's a liar and a joke just like all Liberals.

6. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Ron Paul *DESTROYS* Latest Google Poll (2.74 million searches/month)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hJkdmHk6rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reading some of the comments, one guy claims that 74% of the Ron Paul votes in Florida came because they researched him online. With the same math Romney's % of voters who researched him was 4%.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Obviously you've touched a nerve Blade

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Neato, the "google poll". Unfortunately, the crazy old gent is currently getting pasted by the rest of the Google Poll winners, which as of today, are:

<TABLE class=hotLayout border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=hotColumn width="25%"><TABLE class=Z2_list><TBODY><TR><TD class=num>1.</TD><TD>ryan braun</TD><TR><TD class=num>2.</TD><TD>kathy ireland</TD><TR><TD class=num>3.</TD><TD>jk rowling new book</TD><TR><TD class=num>4.</TD><TD>matt jones</TD><TR><TD class=num>5.</TD><TD>kate gosselin</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=hotColumn width="25%"><TABLE class=Z2_list><TBODY><TR><TD class=num>6.</TD><TD>nascar</TD><TR><TD class=num>7.</TD><TD>bill maher</TD><TR><TD class=num>8.</TD><TD>whitney houston in casket photo</TD><TR><TD class=num>9.</TD><TD>danica patrick</TD><TR><TD class=num>10.</TD><TD>jeff carter</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=hotColumn width="25%"><TABLE class=Z2_list><TBODY><TR><TD class=num>11.</TD><TD>daytona 500</TD><TR><TD class=num>12.</TD><TD>helicopter crash</TD><TR><TD class=num>13.</TD><TD>nfl combine</TD><TR><TD class=num>14.</TD><TD>national enquirer</TD><TR><TD class=num>15.</TD><TD>dingo</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=hotColumn width="25%"><TABLE class=Z2_list><TBODY><TR><TD class=num>16.</TD><TD>nascar news</TD><TR><TD class=num>17.</TD><TD>gas prices</TD><TR><TD class=num>18.</TD><TD>chomp</TD><TR><TD class=num>19.</TD><TD>bridge to nowhere</TD><TR><TD class=num>20.</TD><TD>the lorax</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think Kathy ireland would make a fine president...very pro-union, yet evangelical, and would clean up in the midwest. I could also get behind The Lorax (would obviously get Green party support). I'm not sure if I trust a dingo with his hand on the button, however, since he would probably lick the button and make others not want to touch it, but probably more so than I trust Kate gosselin.

#2888 SamFisher, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The words that made Ron Paul look crazy in that video were Ron Paul's. He's the one that said that it was the immorality that created the need for the pills.

You're the one who claims he's talking about only lax sexual attitudes. That isn't what he said. You're putting words in Ron Paul's mouth. I'm judging based on what Ron Paul said. Odd that a Paul supporter like yourself would be against that.

10. Hightop

Hightop Member

He believes that if our society had very strong sexual morals - the need for completely government subsidized birth control for all citizens would not be an issue.

He is arguing against the idea that the the pills are the cause the immorality, however.

I did not hear him say that having sex without the purpose of having a baby is immoral. Just more liberal lies.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

sorry ToyCen, google searches (not a poll) don't play into presidential elections.

online conspiracy theorists believe in Ron Paul. they are deeply passionate, like you.

that screengrab you put up weeks ago is pretty telling. conspiracy websites and message board forums.

researching Ron Paul on the Internet doesn't really amount to much.

sorry.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Then you weren't listening. What he said was that the immorality created the need for contraception. Those were his words. (you understand that having sex without contraception would be to have a baby, right?) There were no lies at all.

Sex creates the need for contraception, not immorality. Unless you, like Paul, believe sex is immoral (unless you wanted to have a child and wouldn't need contraception.)

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Morals are subjective.

Are the dried up sperm on your keyboard unborn humans?

The issue was debated and the law was decided. Until the Supreme Court reverses that we have a functional definition of when human life begins.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I have an inside source that Ron Paul believes the rhythm method is completely moral.

15. Hightop

Hightop Member

God this is dumb. He is was speaking in the context of mandating the subsidization of birth control for all. I would think that he believes that birth control can give sense of not having consequences for actions. He doesn't think the government should subsidize, or mandate all employers subsidize that. Twisting one sentence out of a generalized speech to use for a coercive liberal agenda is disingenuous at best.

Ron Paul is the on candidate who truly wants the government out of people's bedroom.

[​IMG]

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Unless the states mandate it, then f*** you and your freedoms.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

OOPS!!

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Ron Paul has gotten a large part of all his campaign budget from the guy who runs paypal and cooperated with the government going after wikileaks. He is hardly the civil liberties saint that Paulites like to portray their man as to cover up for his complete disinterest in the plight of anyone without enough money, good health, skills or even luck to do well in the free market.

oops!

PayPal founder Peter Thiel throws $2.6 million at Ron Paul Super PAC, says money is to support libertarian movement

Peter Thiel, founder of PayPal, donated $2.6 million to Endorse Liberty, a Ron Paul Super PAC. (Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images)
    In two months, Peter Thiel, billionaire co-founder of PayPal, donated a combined $2.6 million to Endorse Liberty, a Super PAC supporting Ron Paul.

Each Republican Super PAC has its respective big-bank-account-backer, but Thiel’s contribution has people wondering why anyone would throw that much money at a candidate who hasn’t won first place yet in a single state.

Simply put, when Thiel gave $900,000 in December and $1.7 million in January, he wasn’t strictly endorsing Ron Paul — he donated in support of Paul’s libertarian ideals, Slate reported.

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/201...ays-money-is-to-support-libertarian-movement/

#2898 glynch, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again... That isn't what Paul said. You are the one putting words in Paul's mouth. What he said was that immorality caused the demand for contraception.

Those were his words. You are adding your own spin on it, to try and have it not be as crazy as it is.

That was not a generalized speech, it was Paul's answer to a question about birth control.

20. Hightop

Hightop Member

His MAIN POINT was that birth control does not cause immorality but immortality causes the need for birth control. He doesn't say it's the only cause.

He if believes that all birth control was immoral, I doubt he would have prescribed it as a doctor.