1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets make an offer to Llull?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Feb 22, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

via Google Translate:
    Source in Spanish: http://encestando.es/?p=24137

Hoopshype's summary of above article:
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/sergio_llull

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would like to get Llull to come next year. At least for SL if possible. Don't know how that works exactly.

We need to be looking at trading the NY pick. It should have some value as it almost assuredly will be a mid-late teens pick now. Motie and Llull will be our rookies.

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Wait, so if we do make him an offer and he decides to take it, will he be able to play this year?

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't see why not, if he got a release from his contract. However it is not likely that the Rockets would be extending him a contract for this season.

5. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Ah, i see. Why not?

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Very interesting development to say the least. Hoopshype has been laughed upon as a credible source in the past? I don't keep up with them much. Are they considered reliable these days?

I read in a different thread by anchel that Llull only wants to come over if he can get big minutes. Is this possibly a prelude to big changes in the upcoming month? Say we trade Dragic, does that mean we run with Lowry and Flynn for the rest of the season with Llull penciled in as the back up next year?

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sell high. Trade his ass.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bye bye lowry

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Miss leading title. There is nothing in it about an actual offer, only that Rocket scouts were at the game.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

he will be signed especially if we acquire Pau..:grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Since he is under contract its between the Rockets and Real Madrid coming to terms on a buyout. That is after Llull agrees to sign a contract with the Rockets this summer.

Les has already spend a few Million on Llull's draft rights, and he will certainly have to spend a few more Million to buyout his contract with a high profile team like Real Madrid. Add that to his player salary and you are looking at probably the most expensive 2nd round pick in NBA history.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOLlull! Jeremy who?! Sergio will have point guards sleeping to the Llullaby next season...

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

It would be tragic to lose Dragic.:)

Seriously, why would we trade -- or not re-sign -- a proven PG like Dragic? It would be like letting Jeremy Lin go and holding on to Jonny Flynn. Oh, wait! We already did that so I suppose Morey is already planning his next bonehead move

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes!!! His style and looks will 'make a hole in the NBA'!

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I assume we'd want to preserve our cap space / flexibility in general, and more specifically wait and see what Dragic's contract situation looks like in the off season (assuming he's still here).

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks like we will either trade Dragic or not resign him.

Or who knows, maybe they sell high on Lowry.

17. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Good point. Thanks

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Unless it has changed, I thought NBA teams can only spend $500k to help pay a buyout.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

let him stay their and keep getting better. He's not going to the right team.PG/Guard is a luxary onour current squad. Use the money you going spend on him and fix our front count.
    Sf/PF/C can all use upgrades

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I say we go ahead and let dragic sign else where in free agency, i think Llull would be a really nice backup. If not oh well but with flynn, dragic, hill, will, thabeet and lee expiring were gonna have a lot of cap space. Especially if we can also ship off martin and or scola for expiring's.