1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose wants Pau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bewy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

2. Sanity2disChaos

Good ????!

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Seems utterly pointless to me. Boozer and Gasol are about the same level right now. Boozer can't be happy Rose is saying this though which makes me laugh because I hate Boozer.

Chicago is one of the only teams in the league which shouldn't make any moves. Honestly any move they make would require subtracting from a team which is already working well together. They don't have any assets anybody wants outside the core rotation players they are already using with great success.

4. Prince

Prince Member

next year Rose will take his talent to South Beach.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I am living in Chicago, have seen all but 2-3 Bulls games the last two years .... moving Boozer will only help chemistry for the Bulls. The feeling here is that the Bulls need a real #2 option that is consistent to beat the Heat.

If the Bulls add Gasol their defense and chemistry will only improve.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

While I agree with some of what you're saying, some of the Bulls fans I've consulted here think that Boozer does some intangibles that often go overlooked. He's a pretty good offensive rebounder and solid rebounder in general. Gasol's not bad, but he's not a blue collar guy.

In my opinion, they do need a second option. Deng isn't aggressive enough offensively to be considered a #2 option and nor is Boozer really. Gasol would definitely give them that, but financially, I have no clue on their contracts or their cap right now so I don't know if it's a good or bad thing to move certain players.

7. Garner

Garner Member

Crazy...the reigning MVP is asking to play with Pau Gasol.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which Bulls fans here are you referring to? This one thinks Pau would be a huge upgrade in both production and intangibles. I've never considered Boozer as a "blue collar" guy considering he's always been a poor defender and relies so much on perimeter jumpers on offense. IMO, there isn't any question Pau is a better rebounder in traffic.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

But Pau is awful ;) Who would want that guy? ;) ;)

10. ItsMyFault

The ones here in Chicago that I've talked to about Boozer. He's been inconsistent, and Pau would definitely be an upgrade. But, if Boozer doesn't take nights off as he does often, he's an all-star caliber player. I personally think they should do it because this really gives them a good shot against Miami, definitely on paper at least. BUT, I wouldn't give up any starter outside of Boozer for him.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bulls wouldn't want a $10+ million dollar player on the bench (Noah or Boozer). I could see them moving Noah, but there is no doubt they would prefer to move Boozer.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Would Watson be an upgrade over Fisher and Blake? I've never really watched him. Pau Blake for Boozer Watson (filler/Brewer?). That's only if Watson is an upgrade.

13. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Pau actually is quite decent on D when he plays hard, unlike Dirk or Amare. He is better on D than Boozer too.

14. ItsMyFault

Gasol and Boozer are both soft players defensively but Pau is the better defender of the two. His size and length alone are enough to win that argument. Mentality-wise you have the best defensive coach in the NBA in Thibs to make him work.

15. Garner

Garner Member

The Pau hate around here kind of blows my mind; he was the best player on the floor in the Game 7 Finals when Kobe went 6-24.

Pau, over Kobe, should have won the Finals MVP.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is a horrible trade.
    Metta World Peace has gone full r****d, and Pau Gasol is not worth both Deng and Boozer.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah that was then. This is now.
    I'd say he has 2-3 more years left in him.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about? Boozer is a post player with a decent jumpshot...aka an inferior Pau Gasol. Gasol for Deng+other stuff sounds more reasonable. Maybe Deng and Joakim Noah.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He'll still be better than Boozer the Loozer in 3 year's time. Plus his contract actually expires in 2 years.

20. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The fact that any of you think Boozer is near Gasol's level is laughable. Bulls fans hate him because he doesn't play defense, complains about everything, and disappears for long stretches while scoring empty points.

Gasol is a great post player, great passer, long and active defensively, etc., etc.