1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jbasket, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Risk the foul? I dunno, it's not like he was sagging off of Ray Allen.

2. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Clutch MOFO

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

Ray Al-Lin?

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Exactly. Diff strokes for diff players we like I guess. ;)

5. MD_in_Training

Well, TOs in the recent past is just about the only things that are similar between those two players.

6. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Lin can score, there is no doubt about that, i think after their 6 game winning streak, that's obvious, but his tos are a problem he has to face in the future, but if he can continue to give them 20pts, 10ass, i think the knicks would be happy with it, just like Russuel Westbrook did with the thunder, but afterall, the most important thing is that you have to win games, and that's what he is doing, give this guy credit, he is the man.

7. Icehouse

My original statement was moreso in regards to the Knicks winning, as I recognize they almost blew a game to the Raptors and are on a very easy part of their schedule. LA is a good team but they caught them on a B2B and anyone that watched the game should have easily recognized that LA was gassed. Either way, no one is sucking off Calderon because he dropped 30 on them, or the other numerous PG's that have been killing them for the past 2 years or so. Lin is on a good run but I do think he is playing above his capabilities. I think it's a mix of the system, a good run for him and bad opponents. I don't think he is 20/10/50% good. That would put him in elite PG category, and I'm talking about historically.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

i don't question his performance. you can't.

i simply question his future, and the kind of career he's going to have.

seasons are always very long, and there have been many great players. i don't see him keeping this up for that long.

9. Icehouse

You think Lin is better than Westbrook??

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm in awe of everything this kid come from the D-League has done in just 10 days, holy smokes.

11. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

oh my god ppl, stop nitpicking, who cares, just enjoy the Linsanity. no he's not a superstar but he's a damn good player.

12. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Nobody expects that he'll be a 25-10 player. But he has the potential to be a very good 18-8 player with great offensive versatility, and that's pretty damn amazing for a guy who was near his last chance in the NBA.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If you have anything negative to say about Lin you are a hater in most peoples books these days

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Star ability. Play like **** for 3 quarters then make all the clutch shots in the 4th.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin is going to get money pouring in the coming few months.

Not just from his future NBA career but literally every single other sponsor available out there.

He is literally the best sports cash cow at the moment.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Like i said b4 as long as his TO don't match his assist, and their winning?? It's going to be all good for him...

17. MD_in_Training

Westbrook is obviously more talented than Lin, but given certain situations, I might be inclined to take Lin over Westbrook.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What really surprises me is Lin's killer mindset. Seriously I was expecting the guy to buckle or pass it away for the last shot. Dude plays like he's been here before.

Most aggressive Asian I've ever seen!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We have 3 PGs under contract. The 3rd one is Flynn who we got when we traded up for the 20th pick from Minny to get Motiejunas. If we only had 2 PGs under contract then I think there is a pretty strong chance we would have kept Lin. But yeah the trade for 09er T-Will has been a total failure as well. The trade for 09er Thabeet is what gave us the extra 1st round pick which is what allowed us to trade up for Motiejunas.

So yeah...a lot is riding on Motiejunas now.

20. ThaShark316_28

[​IMG] You actually typed that. :eek: