1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 22, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2012.
  1. New York Giants

47.7%
  2. New England Patriots

52.3%
  1. plates300

plates300 Member

yep. not brady's fault. wes welker dropped a wide open pass as did hernandez towards the end. still glad the giants won. and Eli Manning is an elite quarterback.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Doubtful, but it worked.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kissing the trophy, ha. ALl in the same spot

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

This postseason: he had 9 TDs and 1 INTs. The guy is ELITE. The Giants wouldn't make the playoffs this year without Eli.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well that was boring - I can't help but think the Texans would have whipped both of these teams pretty easily.

DD

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

kinda nasty those players are sharing spit on that trophy.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Was that Bif from the Letterman show kissing the trophy?

:grin:

8. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I thought the Pats had it, but my God was that game boring. It didn't have the look or feel of a Super Bowl.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Eli (no shocker) MVP

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nice that the winning QB was the guy who didn't dump his pregnant girlfriend for an underwear model

11. conquistador#11

It's all about matchups. We would have taken down the patriots fpr sure, but the giants d-line gives our o-line fits. They would probably would have batted 12 of schaubies passes and lose the game on a miss fg by our kicker:p

Really happy for eli, and I don't ever want to hear douche giants fans wanting to fire Coughlin for at least 10 years.
    It seemed like the football field was 800 yards in length for both teams. I thought the game was really good, not boring, like what some are saying. guess fantasy football makes fans delusional. Of course it could have been better, but look on the bright side.....free agency starts on march 13th. :grin:

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Lol. This here is the epitome of homerism. You suck

1 person likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The curse of Tiquan Underwood now.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

What a great game. Couldn't have asked for a better texanless game. Very happy with who won as well since I hate peyton

16. what

what Member

it has nothing to do with matchups.

I've watch the nfl for over 30 years and it never ceases to amaze me how some teams make winning look easy while others beat themselves.

i doubt any team that i've rooted for could have done what the giants did in the playoffs. it's amazing

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I thought that kind of thing was considered cool on this board and among guys.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yes, Eli is the worst two time Super Bowl MVP of all time. amirite?

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't want to get into a whole manning argument because i didn't care about this conversation until about 15 minutes ago and don't dislike manning at all but i dislike the building of reputations in sports that aren't accurate. while he's certainly very good, i don't know if he's elite. the guy threw 25 INT's last year. he threw 16 this year. it's not like the giants were struggling to make the playoffs despite some historic eli manning season. and he tried to throw 3 gimme interceptions against the 49ers (2 where 2 defenders had it and both hit each other) and the patriots (an LB jumped a manning slant route pass and would have had a 100 yard pick 6 if he had just been looking). lucky for him, they went as incompletions or TD's and we're talking about his 9:1 ratio and not why he throws right to defenders. that's how it goes in the nfl where teams are so close together. wild-card teams make the super bowl all the time. a drop here (like welker's easy drop) or crazy catch there (like manningham's tyree-esque catch) turns a game and makes someone look clutch and someone look like a loser.

but props to eli, he made the plays he needed to and had lots of 4th quarter comebacks this year and won the super bowl. it probably doesn't matter too much to him if i think he's elite.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It wasn't boring for sure. I couldn't help but to keep thinking about how big of a wasted oppurtunity this season was.

#280 sammy, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012