1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Deron Williams vs. Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LowrySauce, Feb 4, 2012.

?

Deron Williams or Kyle Lowry

Poll closed Feb 9, 2012.
  1. Kyle Lowry

32 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Deron Williams

108 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. LowrySauce

LowrySauce Member

I know i might be the only person who thinks this but i don't want D-Will. People say he is only doing bad because he doesnt want to be in NJ. If thats the case, what if we trade everything on the gamble that Howard wants to come to Houston, and he doesn't. Now we have a guy who doesn't want to play for us so we have nothing but an allstar with no interest and a lineup with no depth. I take Lowry, the guy who gives his all no matter what. Anyone agree?

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This isn't even debatable anymore. Anyone who would rather have Lowry is biased.

3. LowrySauce

LowrySauce Member

I'm not saying Lowry is better. I just think his attitude is better.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Well Dwill has picked it up as of late b/c he's trying to be more assertive.

But NJ sucks. 2 games ago, Dwill was on the floor with 4 D-leaguers man. C'mon now.

Lowry is making a name for himself (although he's falling back to earth a lot the last few weeks). But he's not on Dwill's level.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Deron is the better player. No discussion. Lowry is also a fantastic point guard though.

6. valorita

valorita Member

The better comparison would be Lowry vs Rondo.

Rondo has better length and athleticism while Lowry is a much better shooter.
    Both are aggressive individual defenders and great team defenders.
    Both rebound the ball at a high rate and have the ability to control the tempo.
    Both are young and do not have extensive injury concerns.

who do you take? Do you take Rondo for ~11.5 mil a year or Lowry for ~6mil a year?

I would personally take Lowry mainly because he is cheaper and less diva.

7. LowrySauce

LowrySauce Member

You could say that Lowry isn't on D-Wills level, but i wouldn't. D-Will is older and already in or on his way out of his prime. Lowry may just be scratching the surface. For all we know Lowry could be just as good or better over career standards.

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I'll take Kyle at 6 mill over Deron at 16

9. LowrySauce

LowrySauce Member

I didn't even take into account there contracts, that makes me even stronger in my beliefs.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This isn't a discussion.

The Rockets are not going to get to a title without getting more talent. Dwill is the next available, therefore the Rockets will pursue him.

Lowry, is a nice player. Dwill is a superstar.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Deron Williams is a proven all-star, and the much better player. But, Lowry has one of the best contracts in the league, while Williams is expiring and there's a pretty decent chance he chooses not to stay in Houston after this season.

If the Rockets can acquire Williams and get some assurance that he'll resign with us, then I'm all in.

12. RX2012

RX2012 Member

D WILL IS A SOUR APPLE, JUST LIKE AARON BROOKS. I DON'T WANT A LITTLE GIRL ON THIS TEAM

13. LowrySauce

LowrySauce Member

Totally agree! Though i may just be ignorant and biased.

14. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Thats a load of bull. Kyle Lowry is a good enough PG for this team. D WILL was a jazz player. Thats almost insulting...to have an enemy come and help. Awkward as well.

Anyone that wants D WIll most likely adovcates tanking...and that got old back in the early 2000's.

Denver nuggets don't have a star and they are doing FINE. And no one tell me DEnver can always beat houston in a 7 game series. Thats an even match up.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Love Lowry, hate D-Will (former Jazz), can't be objective.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes that is a great reason not to want Deron Williams because he played for the Jazz.:rolleyes:

17. RX2012

RX2012 Member

No the real reason I dont want deron is stated above in the post with BIG letters. The fact he is a jazz player just only adds to it.
    Rolls my eyes too.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If Deron is so awesome, why are the Nets so bad?

19. thejav

thejav Member

Lol its not even close...

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Have ya'll been reading all this Malone/Jazz feud, which apparently centers around DWill vs Sloan... DWill not running the plays Sloan had called, not wanting to participate in practices, etc.... DWill does seem to be more hassle than he might be worth... He's obviously better than Kyle - but I dont know that he's 10M/yr better (6M vs 16M)... IF his contract and potential headaches, came with Dwight - I would take him in a heartbeat. I would be willing to gut the entire team and ship off draft picks if we could acquire the pair... but without D12... I'm thinkin maybe pass on DWill for that amount of money and potential drama.