1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

18 Blacks allegedly gang rape an 11 year old Hispanic girl, igniting racial flames

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

The problem with common sense is that it doesn't exist.

2. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

I get what PG is saying. The discussion won't ever go far in this particular thread though he's trying to point that the problem lies with the parents. I think they should be held accountable if she was willing but I don't know how the heck you can legislate that. I also see your point about the middle school kid IF she was willing and it was only him. The thing is though it was not just one dude but a whole group and all of them knew it was wrong when they did it. They had to. She knew it too if she was willing. The whole thing was F'd up and whoever played the race card is as big as a D-bag as any of the participants.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah there is no denying that the guys 17 or older are in the wrong in this situation. Even 1 on 1 I wouldn't want to talk to an 11 year old girl and I'm 22. Unfortunate situation on both sides.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its actually to be addressed by both. The reason why we have the law is with the understanding that a minor that young cannot give consent and anyone who has sex with her is exploiting her. The law is there for the minors' safety.

The law is a reflection of our society's values regarding sex and youth.

True laws can only go so far so we should be looking at it from the prevention aspect and maybe why young girls are becoming sexually promiscuous but none of that means that those who had sex with her shouldn't have none better.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

trying to find it on the internet but the chronicle had an opinion piece on how sex in pop culture is helping to create very unhealthy attitudes about sex.

the piece was about this case.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

so it's pop culture's fault?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did i say that. besides, i was just pointing out the piece, i'll try to find it.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

thanks i had just found it.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Wow, racism is alive and well in America...

IMO: Black, white, brown or yellow, if the had sex with the 11 year old girl then they should get the maximum penalty under the law.

I'm a Christian with three daughters, if anything or anyone endangers them I turn Old Testament real quick.

Btw, I am from Australia...and there is also racism down under too, just not as explosive.
    I don't have that problem because I'm colour blind when it comes to people.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

And I've spent time in Australia, and was appalled at some of the comments made towards Aborigines. I guess folks in Australia are less used to dealing with non-whites.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love how the blame shifts towards the school..... No way it has anything to do with the family situation....

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i have not followed this case (nor this thread) but two brief thoughts:
    • rape is about power, not sex
    • there's a lot of research that suggests p*rn reduces the instances of rape.

i guess it seems contradictory to argue both points, but rape is ultimately about power, control, degradation, all of which appear to be present in this case. on the other hand, p*rn may provide an outlet, a release if you will, for people whose sexuality incorporates some aspect of power/control dynamics. suggesting that society, or sex in culture, is to blame, is not so far from blaming the victim because she wore a short skirt (as an example). if you insist on that route, the only logical destination in the burqa.

14. esteban

esteban Member

Since you're going racial mate, here is a little contribution from esteban:

These 18 blacks are America's best and brightest and are past, present and future Obama's voters!

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

The race card is stupid in this topic anyways. Any 27 year old that has sex with an 11 year old should be castrated... Regardless of whatever color he is. They should take each one of these guys and put them in a jail cell with 18 inmates and a bottle of lube.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not sure if I understand your post. But if I do there is no place for that here or anywhere else. You should be ashamed of yourself.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Note the OP.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, there's no degredation in p*rn

19. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

They all seem like upstanding young ladies to me

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

for someone to come in an be self righteous about the p*rn industry is totally ludicrous, but par for the course for that certain poster. an industry than runs through women like the trains they perform on film.