1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans are just awful

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Jan 17, 2012.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

man, i really don't like posts like this. where were you when the Summit was sold out for about 5 years in a row?

the basketball regular season is a freaking warmup. in a normal season, you play 82 games to see who qualifies for a playoff system where more teams are let in than excluded. this franchise needs to show something in the playoffs...or they need to acquire the type of player that brings the hope that they will do something in the playoffs.

no city that has multiple pro sports choices, except maybe NY just on population alone, supports their team no matter what...and we have a long ass run at mediocrity working here right now coupled with ticket prices that are amongst the highest in the league. your problem shouldn't be with the fans.

2. sergio

sergio Member

The last game I went to I had to here the BS from all the laker fans around me. I thought I was at the Staples center. Not a good experience when your getting run out of your own building.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Is it football season yet?

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This thread made me go to last night's game, and I might just go to tonight's again.
    :)

Got to meet some CF members too

5. ILoveTheRockets

same here. Didn't meet any CF fans, but im sure some were around

C-119 Row 6 baby!

6. monster

monster Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with Rockets fans. It's the NON-fans who don't support their team. They only buy tickets when our teams are in the playoffs, and then they dont' show up until half time...they sit there and chat instead of cheering, etc. I've lived in Houston most of my life, and all of my friends who are Houston sports team fans support the teams through thick and thin.

1 person likes this.
  7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

One thing I didn't like about my experience yesterday at the game was the halftime entertainment.

Is it normal for the half time entertainment to be filled with little kids ????
    At the wizards game it was kids with hoola hoops..
    :confused:

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It changes up a lot.

Seems to get better later in the season and playoffs.

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

They have cheapen out. Noticed that last year it happening more and more. The one big thing grip I have is the programs. They use to give programs to everybody for the match-up that night. I was so pissed when they stopped doing that. Use to collect them from every game I went to.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When was this? I've never gotten free programs.

Maybe because I show up at the last second.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That **** was lame.

Today it was some marching band.

The attendance tonight wasn't too bad. Saturday night, somewhat of a marquee team.

12. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

18,051 vs Knicks last night.Almost a sell out. Not bad.

13. thething

thething Contributing Member

People want to see us improve our draft pick by winning.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe next time the Rockets can have a string quartet perform for HT's. I mean how much worse can it be from what they have now?

I remember going to games at the Summit and thought Turbo was just OK. Now looking back, that was the schiieette.

15. RocketFan#1

RocketFan#1 Member

Couldn't care less about a draft pick right now. They are winning.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Exactly.

An almost 15 year dry spell (no championship appearances, no top seeds), one of the least marketable teams (no marquee players) in franchise history, coming off a lockout, it's a recipe for disaster.

I bet if you looked at tickets sold per game, the Rockets would be pretty high up there. The suites are sold, the silestone seats are sold, Les makes his money, so why should he care if no one shows up?

$125 or so per ticket to sit anywhere in the lower bowl between the baselines is just ridiculous. Especially considering the amount of entertainment choices we have in Houston and how the team has performed over the past decade and a half.

If it were my team, I'd have 3 seating areas. Area 1 would be "courtside", this would be assigned seating only, most expensive. Area 2 would be lower bowl, this would be reasonably priced and general admission seating. Area 3 would be upper bowl, extremely cheap and general admission as well.

Plus, I wouldn't put so many damned seats in my building. Also, I'd lobby to keep the number of games under 70. Create a little bit of demand, eh?

I don't know what Mark Cuban did outside of winning to get people in Dallas interested in basketball, but we need to replicate that.

17. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I think this is the third year that they have stopped. I wish they at least had ones you could buy.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

General Admission? Suuuure.

They don't do General Admission because you're going to get a 1979, The Who Accident.

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Mark Cuban gave allot of free stuff out at each game and made their shows entertaining.

I really don't like some people on this thread that say people in Houston are bad fans. I use to live in Houston and know how expensive rocket tickets where. Comparing a guys night out ticket to a regular season game vs a Astros work series ticket.... I paid less for the Stros game

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Funny, that you could replace Houston Rockets with any mediocre to awful franchise, and it's the same argument for the most teams. Houston is certainly not the only city guilty of that, just take a look Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, San Diego, Atlanta (Hawks and Falcons minus the Vick Experience years and the current teams), Kansas City, Miami (Marlins/Dolphins), pretty much any southern NHL franchise, and etc.

Nearly half of the teams in all 4 sports, you could probably list as fair-weather fans for professional teams. That is just how people feel about major league sports teams.

In fact, most of the teams that have good fan support have an outstanding tradition or are a team that has had pretty good teams over the last few decades or have had a number of star players.