1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I'd hold on to Patterson as well but I think we definitely need a legit SF. Parsons plays well but is more served as a backup.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Parsons is the #3 devensive rebounding SF and #2 offensive rebounding SF in the league right now. Call it what you will, but right now, the kid deserves starter minutes.

3. rockets06

rockets06 Member

and Budinger's scoring improved and defense was average when Battier got traded and look at him now. Everybody wants him traded away.

4. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I think this is reasonable an makes sense for both sides involved and does work on espn's trade machine.
    Also go a step further and trade Scola, Hill, Morris, 2nd rd '12 to NJ for Okur(expiring) and Brooks. They had interst in Scola when he was a FA. Gives them more assets in a Howard trade and basically swapping '11 1st's giving us Brooks who can replace Martin's scoring. Also we end up with solid 9-10 man rotation. I believe it makes us a relevant team and nobody should be complaining about playing time which the reserves are garage anyway all declining options.

Lowry, Dragic
    Brooks, Lee
    Wallace, Williams
    Patterson, Parsons
    Dalembert, Okur

reserves: Flynn, Adrien, Thabeet

5. fattz

fattz Member

he cannot be traded until Mar. 1st

trade deadline is Mar. 15th

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Where did you get that?

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Its stated on the ESPN trade machine; you cannot trade a FA signing for 2 months or until march 1st which ever is later...

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's kinda harsh but our "assets" are worth nearly nothing right now. I just don't see contenders or other teams jumping for no D players like Scola, K-Mart, Bud or 09ers like Hill, Thabeet, Flynn.
    I can't come up with one package we could offer to get a team to trade their star or a bright prospect to us.
    If you were a GM, would you trade a guy like Marshon Brooks or Morris who are very young and promising for our guys? I don't see why anyone would do that. And if you're a contender I see no need to add a guy like Bud, Scola or Hill.
    Maybe for late 1st round or early 2nd round picks and againg veterans that don't really help our team, but that's it.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please provide examples.

Do you think they are more interested in players or picks?

Please provide examples of better players Orlando could get.

LA will not trade Gasol AND Bynum.

What else is out there?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The problem is we can offer many players, but none of them are an important piece for a contender. A package of Scola, Bud, Hill, Flynn... won't help any team to win big.

Even if LA would only offer Gasol plus picks and maybe thrown in Murphy+Barnes that would have a bigger value than anything we could offer.
    Or a Clippers offer that includes DeAndre, picks plus fillers(Foye, Williams, Thompkins...) would be more attractive.

Just to show what teams have more attractive talent(not mentioning any packages now, just the players)
    Nets: Lopez, Brooks, Humphries.
    Chicago: Noah, Brewer, Deng...
    Pacers: Granger, Collison, George
    Golden State: Curry or Monta plus fillers(Thompson or Wright, maybe Udoh)
    Knicks: Melo, Chandler or Amare
    Grizzlies: Gasol, Mayo, Conley, Selby, Z-Bo
    T-Wolves: Beasley, Milicic, Ridnour, Wes or Ellington
    Thunder: Perkins, Westbrook, Harden

All more intriguing to Orlando than any package that we can offer if fillers and picks are added.

11. valorita

valorita Member

i really think that a fesenko could help this team.
    he has the size to be an effective backup on our team.
    ship hill/bud out for whatever assets you can get back.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

At this point I see our only hope for the future in trading all our guys for youngsters and lots of picks.
    The only guys that could be considered contender material are Lowry, Lee, Pat and a straight-headed T-Will that realizes his potential. Dump the rest of our roster for picks or potential, suck for the rest of the season to get a high draft pick, clear our cap with the moves. We have to go the Minny or OKC route in order to be relevant again.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Les won't do that.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sadly you're right, Les is the wrong owner for our team right now.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we can add to the Lowry/Martin/Dalembert/Parsons "core" with a great PF I would do it. Even if it meant going after P Gasol again.

3 team deal.

Houston trades-Scola,Thabeet,Patterson,Flynn, Budinger, 3 Million
    Houston receives-Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol

La Lakers trade-Pau Gasol, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks, Metta World Peace
    La Lakers receive- Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Luis Scola (Scola fits into the trade exception they have from Kardashian deal)

Boston Celtics trade- Paul Pierce, Rayn Allen
    Celtics receive-Luke Walton, Pattrick Patterson, Johnny Flynn, Marcus Morris, Chase Budinger, Hasheem Thabeet, Devin Ebanks and 3 Million dollars from Houston and the first round pick from LA via Dallas.

Dalembert/Greg Smith (signed from RGV)
    Gasol/Hill/Adrien
    Parsons/World Peace/Williams
    Martin/Lee/Williams
    Lowry/Dragic

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Whats the feeling out there if the Rockets were to swap say K Martin and Goran Dragic to Utah for Al Jefferson?

-The Rockets desperately need 2 things - Inside scoring, and relief minutes for Scola and Dalembert. Now Jefferson, Dalembert, and Scola can each rotate in the post and lighten up the minutes for each guy.

You can go big with Jefferson/Dalembert or just go with Jefferson/Scola and bring Dalembert off the bench. I would think that Scola would be a force off the bench.

-I understand Jefferson isnt the guy you want to rebuild your franchise around, but neither is Kevin Martin. Both of those guys have 2 years left on their deal and a trade for each could make sense for the other.

Why Utah does this - to lighted up on the front end to let young bigs like Favors/Kanter/ etc. develop. They also could really value Martin's scoring on the wings. Also if you throw in Dragic they would be happy to sit Harris on the bench and let Dragic run the show for the rest of the season. IMO Dragic is an upgrade.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Jefferson is a horrible defender tho9ugh. Not a bad as scola but he's close...its better out there.......

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Big Al is also a ball-stopper. Good go-to player in the mid/low post, but his inability to score without dominating the ball makes him less valuable offensively than his numbers would suggest. Not to mention he's a poor defender.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.