1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans are just awful

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Jan 17, 2012.

1. skyline07

skyline07 Member

As you can see the attendance at Rockets games are just sad. Tonights game had 9318 people. Not even in 5 digits. Again I know Detroit isnt the best team to watch but many of you Houstonians just dont realize how lucky you are. I live in Austin and getting to go to a Rockets game only happens on special occasions. And when I do go, you know what I see? People doing nothing but eating, drink, and barely paying any attention to the game. Rarely does anyone stand up and cheer on good plays. The only ray of hope I see is from the red rowdies. But there is only so much they can do.

At one particular game, I was lucky enough to sit right next to the rowdies and it was breath of fresh air compared to the other fans. The game went to the final seconds and the rowdies were trying to get everyone to stand up. I was excepting everyone to go crazy but I got the opposite response. People where looking at them like they were insane and just refused to move. I couldnt believe what I was seeing!!! How can a city with 2 championships and such a rich history have such ungrateful fans?

Changes need to be made and I hope after reading this you might encourage people to go to games and maybe even get off your feet for once.

1 person likes this.
  2. VBG

VBG Member

It is sad.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tuesday night game, and the first week back to school for College Students.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the expectations are low, and the economy is not that great, if the team continues to win the fans will come, same as in every other city.

Look at Miami, they didn't get that rocking arena until last year for some strange reason.....

DD

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

And imagine how bad the attendance would be if the Rockets were actually trying to tank ...

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People still recovering from their big MLK day celebrations. :)

Anyway, the Rockets just need to worry about playing good basketball, if you keep winning, the fans will come soon enough.

7. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Would love to go but sadly I live in Cali. :(

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It amazes me that some people can live in Houston and not have season tickets...

Where your fandom ends mine begins... ;)

#8 RudyTBag, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

it's called a bad team and a bleak future. I went out to dinner.

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

so are the rockets

11. arjun

arjun Member

why dont they lower the prices of the seats??

1 person likes this.
  12. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I Live in Australia, i watch every game through league pass and would die to go to a game.

was a sad sight tonight

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

you heard of economic issues???

14. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

i live in canada and have always been planning on coming down to see a game... just not enough money or other issues in my life... man if there was only an nba team in my city
    - anyways, i thinki if we keep doing well, go on an extended win streak or make the playoffs, we will get the fans back up

15. plates300

plates300 Member

would love to go to every game but I'm a broke college student so my funds for Rockets tickets are limited to my birthday and special occasions only :(

16. skyline07

skyline07 Member

I dont think its the economy because if it was truly bad, then even good teams wouldn't have many people watching their games. I just dont like the entire mentality of "no super start.... not worth my time." Rockets are the only Houston team with a championships, yet the people the people show so little support. why?

17. skyline07

skyline07 Member

at least your heart is in the right place

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

and you even made an apperance at the game.

19. plates300

plates300 Member

I was always curious about this. I usually get upper bowl seats because I buy 4 at a time, but come game day, when you get there, is there a possibility to upgrade to club seats or even lower level seats?

20. lean

lean Member

i live in houston and i would kill to get to go to games regularly. fact is it just isn't possible financially for someone like me, i'll save up and try to make it to one or two games but that's if i'm lucky.