1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Apps

Apps Member

Couldn't even stop the Lakers fans from getting free tacos.

Throughout the game I felt as though the team played proportionally exceptional defense--by proportionally, I mean the Rockets played as good a defense as they could have against a team with such a clear cut size advantage down low. They caused a lot of turnovers throughout the game, but that aggressiveness translated into a lot of ticky tacky fouls in favor of the Lakers (no surprises there).

I'm not going to blame the loss on the FT discrepancy, though there were a slew of questionable calls throughout. Instead it was our lack of offensive and defensive presence in the paint, lack of defense against Bynum in particular, and another off shooting night for K-Mart.

Can't win them all, but it would've been really nice to win this one against L.A. in their own house. And on an obvious note: we need a superstar and we need one badly. Kobe was cleaning up near the end there; an excellent example of how a superior player can close out a game for you.

And yet again Lowry fringes on the edge of a triple-double.

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Even if Bynum camps there all night, the refs aren't going to tire themselves out by calling it each and every time. They have other things to do like getting laid by prostitutes after the game.

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

that 3sec sht was getting on my NERVES!!! AT least 4 times it couldve easily been called, and it was called what.. once? none? I dont remember. bs.

4. cod

cod Member

Hill and Dalembert, where art thou? Patterson still affected by ankle?

The Lakers had the size mismatch in the front court but I reckon if the Rockets had a player like Batum they could evened it out with a mismatch on the wings. Go with Batum/Bud at SG.

5. valorita

valorita Member

Martin needs to enroll back in flop school.
    The reason why he's always been effectiv even on a bad shooting night is because he could go to the line 8-10 times and hit 90%

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

kobe wasn't going to let budinger get the best of him

tried to answer everytime cbud scored

7. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Don't see why everyone is b****ing about the refs when we made ZERO attempt to attack the basket outside of Lowry. Pretty obvious Lakers got alot of calls going their way but we were still in it yet we continued to settle for jump shots. We could've won that game cause Lakers pick n roll defense was horrible. We consistently kept getting 18-20 foot jumpers all night (which apparently is what we want now instead of attacking the basket), but couldn't knock anything down. Screw the whole refs excuse, we simply sucked.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I really hope they get something out of Thabeet he would have helped a ton against Bynum.

DD

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

with the way Lowry is playing, that Gasol trade would have put us in the top 5 in the Western Conference.

fml.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Lowry is amazing. He is a star. He gives complete heart and hustle all the time. I wish all players were like that. Request to clutch: can I have my username changed to anything that has to do with kyle lowry?

Seriously though, I feel bad for the guy on days like these.he seems to be the only one who cares about winning. As long as we have him, we won't be able to tank. I think we will win by 20+ tomorrow because he kept momentum going into next game.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Same old story since 2009 - Kobe + whoever and the Rockets guards cancel each other out, but the Lakers size inside provides the difference.

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I'm disappointed in McHale. He should have gotten t'ed up. That officiating was awful. I guess he can't afford it since he hasn't figured out how to get any job security since his playing career ended.

13. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I couldn't believe it!! Wide open

14. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Perfect anaylsis

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

This is a game where you miss the Chuckwagon. He would have held Bynum down.

Lowry is a superstar and needs to take more shots. Yes I said superstar.

16. ABforPresident

Wow...I cant believe I actually thought Aaron Brooks was a better PG than Lowry...He is seriously on DRose level

17. nadman89

nadman89 Member

good game came up short in the fourth as usual ! if we get 1 win in the next 3 ill be happy after that we have a very favorable sched!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our guys played very well tonight actually. They shouldn't hang their heads. I didn't think anyone played poorly. Bud did well, but clearly he is still learning as some of his drives were out of control.

Nope - the Rockets kept it close until Kobe decided to end the game. There isn't much you can do about it - and it is why he makes the big bucks - because you just go to him in crunch time.

We don't have a crunch time player and this is the big disadvantage of not having a triple threat player or superstar sort of guy. The Lakers defense and height gave us trouble when it counted. Kobe just knocked off daggers to end it.

This is the best road game we've played thus far.

19. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Oh and what happened to our floppers????? Just against la and dallas and utah, PLEASE FLOP

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

What game were you watching? You clearly can't spot a foul when you see one (or don't in regards to the ghost fouls the Lakers were getting).