1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, Dec 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BrieflySpeaking

Got this pretty sweet remote controlled helicopter. :cool: and clothes.
    [​IMG]

2. Roxs-Redemption

Money, Clothes and a headphone :)

3. Relentless

Relentless Member

Not a ******* thing.

4. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Same here. It's whatever though. The older I've gotten, the less I cared about receiving gifts.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am disappointed every single year, got 100€(50/50 grandma/dad), two cheap books, one board game, candy. That's it. My dad is cheap as hell, he usin all the money for holidays with his girlfriend. It's kinda sad when your presents have more value than the ones you buy for your parents.
    Drivin to my mum tomorrow, my stepfather and her usually buy better gifts, so we'll see how it turns out. I don't expect too much though cuz she bought me clothes for 150€ the week before, so I'm okay with not getting that much from her for christmas.:p

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am disappointed every single year, got 100€(50/50 grandma/dad), two cheap books, one board game, candy. That's it. My dad is cheap as hell, he usin all the money for holidays with his girlfriend. It's kinda sad when the gifts you receive from your dad/his girlfriend have less value than the ones you buy for them. I'm a student gettin no money and they have okay paid jobs, so it's really disgusting to see how they take the plane 3 or 4 times a year for vacation, have several expensive weekends where they go to a hotel with jacuzzi and ish but then only drop like 60€ on me for Christmas.
    Drivin to my mum tomorrow, my stepfather and her usually buy better gifts, so we'll see how it turns out. I don't expect too much though cuz she bought me clothes for 150€ the week before, so I'm okay with not getting that much from her for Christmas.:p

Edit.

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

The herp.

8. BasketballReasons

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

They probably dont want to waste money on you because you are a ****ing brat. If my kids b****ed like you, I wouldn't get them anything either.

1 person likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm not spoiled at all, I help cooking, washing, cleaning, I wash dishes, help in the garden, etc.
    And I rarely b#tch about anything.

But it's just that I see how they have enough money and go all out on holidays, weekends, clothes, etc., while my brother and I get barely anything at Christmas or Birthday.

I had to buy my own clothes for years while being in school with a monthly "income" of 25€, had to pay for my driver's license 100%(2000€ here in Germany), so I don't have any money to save. Now I'm in University and don't get any money, my mother is the only one that is providing me any money for all the eduaction material, clothes, etc.

You may say I'm b#tchin, but when I know my dad bought these books on a flea market and got several ones for free(he works at a printing company) in the last years...that's just sad.
    You consider books and shirts that cost 0$ to be a gift? Sorry, but that's cheap azz behaviour.

It would be alright if I knew he barely had any money, but when I see how he spends thousands of bucks on holidays and weekends or for other personal BS while I have to pay for everything 100%...knowing my brother and me spend more money for him and his girlfriend on Christmas than they spend for me...it's f..ked up and sad to me.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

You're not spoiled. YOU ARE ENTITLED.

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

You are the reason that I don't want to have kids. I have a huge fear they will turn out like you and I will kill them if so.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You guys must've never been in the same situation or your comprehension must be really bad.

How is it spoiled to feel angry when you get books or shirts for Christmas, when you know your dad got them from his company for FREE? Or when he bought these books for under 5 bucks on a flea market? Plus you get 50€ with the FREE stuff and that's it.

When at the same time your parents fly on vacation 4 times per year and have like 3-4 expensive weekends, too? And they never even pay ONE vacation for you when you're in school or university and have absolutely no money.

When you get like 20 bucks/month and are expected to pay 2000€ for your driver's license and ALL your clothes for years. I had like 200 bucks left on my bank account before Christmas yet unfortunately my gifts for them were more expensive than theirs for me. HOW IS THAT SPOILED?

Or when it's -20°C, snow fallin down crazy, heavy wind. I had to walk 40 minutes through the whole town to get to school while being like 12 years old, while my Dad was sittin in front of the f#ckin computer doin nothing and drinkin wine, saying "It ain't that cold outside, plus I already drank wine so I can't drive".

F#ck you if you don't get that I'm frustrated with that.

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Lights, please?

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'

That's what Christmas is all about, Yung-T.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

clutchfans: where every thread can be derailed.

The best present one could ever give me is six months and two days old. That said, I will enjoy my ps3, case of St. Arnold's Christmas Ale, the NBA season, and whatever else I don't even know about yet. :cool:

Merry Christmas everyone!!

17. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

A gaming desktop!

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I Love my parents.

[​IMG]

jk i don't celebrate xmas

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm sure it didn't had to buy it's clothes!

...;)

20. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Got my health, members of the family that I want to see, food, a nice coat, and the NBA season.

Can't really ask for much more.