1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samuel Dalembert is a Rocket!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KevinMchale, Dec 21, 2011.

?

Do you like this move for the Rockets - signing Sam Dalembert to a 2-year deal?

1. Yes

425 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

179 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Dalembert blocks Yao

OK, last time, I promise. Here's Sammy blocking Yao.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MCn7C7tiAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

really? im just going with what i see on twitter. thanks

3. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Morey you sly dog, you... Great signing for a decent big... He's better than Thabeet, anyway...

4. Asian Sensation

I'd take the playoffs over just missing it and getting the 14th pick any time!

Nothing's more exciting than when the Rockets make it to the playoffs. I hope we make it just for the epic "Photoshop the 1st round" thread.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Me too, but I'd take a championship caliber roster over just making the playoffs any time!

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I don't see how this makes any difference at all.

7. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I like the the 2nd year is a team option, if it was a multiyear guaranteed deal I would have been pissed. Dally wont help us win many games IMO so hopefully we are closer to more lotto balls.

8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I'm glad his contract is Rockets friendly - but I also think Dalembert is getting short changed here...

9. erimanila

erimanila Member

Dalembert

I feel for Sacramento, im sure they take a beating everytime they see their star player leave for Houston. Ron Artest > Kevin Martin > Adleman > now Dalembert. BTW , i lived in Sac-town for 2 years. nice city, good people. They arent divas like LA people

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Except we traded our (lottery protected) 1st round pick away for Terrence Williams. So as I understand things, if we make the playoffs we lose a 1st round pick this summer.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The numbers speak for themselves. He rebounds at a rate that makes him in the elite company of rebounders and shotblockers in todays NBA. That is really not something based on oppinion but instead based on numbers.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They would have made the playoffs with or without Dalembert.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

WTF? Tinman are you losing your mind? When did free agents every thought Houston was a prime destination in the 90s? The only important guy we signed was Pippen, and he came because we were the only team who can pay him after NY signed McDyese(to the tune of present day NBA value of 5yr/$130 mil that other teams couldn't come close to offering). Basically Pippen was our Rashard Lewis.

If anything the early 2000s was supposedly Houston's great FA period where CD signed guys like Mo Taylor and Shandon Anderson to cheap exception level contracts. Of course he then mysteriously extended these players to absurd extensions despite mediocre seasons, but that's another discussion.

The core of our 90s teams: Thorpe, Horry, Cassell, Smith, Hakeem, Sleepy, Barkley, Clyde, Vernon, Mario. None of these guys were huge FA acquisitions in the 90s.

14. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Glad to see they waited him out.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Some people b**** reflexively. The people who think teams are dying to send the Rockets picks for Scola, or Martin are delusional. The Rockets have too many solid players to dump just to get a high lotto pick anyway. The deal preserves cap and roster flexibility and makes the team better. Sorry.

16. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

I thought we traded for Pippen.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Sacramento is the American Vancouver?

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What were the two biggest needs on the Rockets the last two seasons?

Shot Blocking and Defensive Rebounding

What are the two things that Dalembert does as well as any big man in the NBA?

Shot Blocking and Defensive Rebounding

It helps!

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*shrug*

Rocket River

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure about that.

And a lottery pick seems a lot more valuable right now than a first round playoff appearance.