1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pricing for NBA League Pass Broadband 2011/2012: Domestic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The full package is $169.00. 7-teams is $109.00. It's $10.00 less if you are a renewing member.

I have to think about it. I'm either skipping this year or getting the 7-team deal. With the compact season, the 7-team package should be enough to get a couple of good games every night.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WTF?

169 bucks for 66 games?

Way to step up your PR game NBA!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Illegal streaming games to screw Stern!

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Should be like 10 per team. 7 team min.

That would be real nice.

4. Prince

Prince Member

link pls.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the choice package only offers 5 teams this year

for a bigger price than 7 teams in an 82 game season.

https://www.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/

I didn't see the $10 discount either, only the $109 package for 5 teams as opposed to 4 installments of $29.95 per month, a %10 drop in cost.

when is the $10 credit issued?

PASS

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

**** that. I'm done.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I already canceled my sub. Done with this crap.

8. across110thstreet

interesting note, this has always come up before as well. I'll be damned if they auto enroll me this season from last year though... looks like I am emailing them regardless to let them know they have turned away a loyal LPBB customer. PS what is a "Day Pass?"

https://account.nba.com/subscriberagreement

9. REEKO_HTOWN

I have Direct TV and there was an auto renewal in place for this season. I could remove it online so I had to call. Stern can go **** himself.

10. what

what Member

I don't know why yall are complaining. Most likely yall are going to buy it. It is still a great alternative to cable, plus unlike cable you get 5 teams.

I think that (just like netflix) the price of broadband has gone up. And that if we would have had a full season, the price would have been higher.

Anyway, can somebody please help me figure out how to choose my local team, what method works?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They told me about the $99.00/$159.00 on the phone and didn't mention the Choice package dropped from 7 teams to 5.

12. across110thstreet

I just saw three users including myself that say no way. and if you are a loyal customer the reason is because the product is inferior to last years and more expensive. they dropped the number of teams you can choose from 7 to 5.

anyway, if by "local team" you mean the team in your local area, you can't. that's the whole blackout rule that applies. I see you live in Memphis.
    you can't choose the Grizzlies, they expect you to either have cable(revenue for the NBA) or go support the team locally at the games (more revenue for the NBA)

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. They freaking dropped the number of teams. And no discount from last year. NBA can go f!ck themselves.

so, they didn't even offer a early bird discount.

If you want to renew or buy, wait. The discount will come...it always does.

another question...is there a 5-player option versus 5-teams. There was one year (but 7 players or 7 teams). If so, and you want to follow Orlando, I suggest the 5-player package, because Howard might get traded.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Question guys,

I have Direct TV and now that I axed LP they tell me about another option:

DirectTV sports Pack.

It seems to be all the other regional Sports channels like FSNWest and MSG. like 35 other channels.

Does anyone here have that? Can you watch out of market NBA games?

Rep for those who answer.

15. Prince

Prince Member

thanks but server down :)

16. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I had planned to buy the 7 team pass, since it's the only way I can watch the Rockets in Seattle with no cable TV. I'm surprised they didn't drop the price, and that they lowered the amount of teams. Both of these would have been a good will gesture to fans after six months of giving them the middle finger. I had planned to add Kings (Chuckwagon) and Wolves (Rick) to see how they fared. With the Rockets that left me with four more teams. Now I'd be down to two. Probably Spurs and Mavs, but that would cap me out.

I was already soured after the lockout, and then Stern bent us right over and ****ed us hard over the Gasol trade. I'm feeling really ambivalent about the NBA right now, which sucks. I definitely can't see myself paying full price for a truncated inferior product. Right now I don't even feel like seeking out links to watch the games. Maybe I'll use R2K's links to download some games during the season.

I'm curious if they'll have a lot of people opt out and lower the price and add teams back in. I used to think Stern was in tune with the attitude of fans, but he seems to have gone off the rails this past year.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Yeah, let's raise LPBB prices to offset lack of sales."

Lowering the prices will make the same money this year, and it will retain more users for future profits...guaranteed. It is such fundamental economics it is sickening.

Their thought process is they never lower prices because then they have to raise them again. I'm fine with supply/demand prices.

The owners are insulting our intelligence.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I have the sports package with UVerse and it includes like 15 different FSN channels, the YES network, MSG, etc. Anytime there is a game on it's always blacked out or they show some other programming. I was hoping that too last year, but nope. You get their post games shows though! lol

1 person likes this.
  19. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

I might would buy it if they'd sign a deal with Sony and stream the broadband to the PS3 in HD ... you know ... like the other 3 major professional sports in this country.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm fine as long as Airplay mirroring works...