1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

We Rockets fans need to keep up, ISH had this posted about an hour ago. ISH is prob fill with Lakers fans though who really want CP3 so I can understand their excitement.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want this trade to go through so Morey can unleash his master plan.

I can deal with letting those guys go if we get a front court of Nene and Pau.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

David Aldridge

Source: revised CP3 deal has not been submitted yet to league, is "still being developed." Rockets still in deal, per multiple sources.

4 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Me too, I am being optimistic about Morey's plan since he seems to really want this. I think Nene might be waiting for us.

5. blackistan

blackistan Member

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA Rockets will have changes to their part of proposed 3-way deal, league sources tell Y! Sports. They'd be sending more players to Hornets.

haha this is bs wth

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

let me get this straight, rockets giving up martin, scola, dragic, ny draft pick and now MORE PLAYERS!!!!!! CANCEL THE TRADE NOW. We will have gasol and our bench depth will go to hell for no reason. Morey do the right thing, dont let LA get off free by only giving up odom( BENCH PLAYER) and gasol. patterson and lee need to stay in houston. Only player that needs to be sent to NO is Thabust

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

So here is what I know from the NeNe's fam (wife's side)

If you've read my other posts, I have been friends with this family for awhile:

-Indiana is out; Denver is not upping its offer right now.
    -NeNe is waiting to see if Dwight gets out of Orlando to NJ to team up with him.

We are right there to sign NeNe, when and if the Pau trade goes through

***We have offered the same amount of money that NJ has.

This leads me to think the Pau trade will go through.

Dwight Howard is the x-factor at this point.

I have one other tidbit, but I need to wait.

Flame me if you want, but again, I just like to contribute to my loyal rockets fans. :)

-

2 people like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on Codman, give it up, you are the only one giving out any real information these days.

No scoops around here any more.....pony up big boy !

DD

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The other tidbit is after we trade for Gasol and sign Nene, Morey is going to attempt to flip Gasol plus anybody not named Lowry for Dwight. This sets up a Dwight/Nene frontcourt in Houston which would be pretty appetizing for DWill to join up with in 2012 or force a trade in 2011 to, using Lowry and whatever else we have left as the bait and the threat of walking away from NJ for nothing at the end of this season.

10. Codman

Haha I should be able to by tomorrow. I don't want to jinx anything.

It's funny how the ONE NBA player/family I know (besides NO's Jason Smith...went to CSU together) is relevant. I used to wait at my keyboard for hours for DocRocket to write some cryptic message.

At least I'm being straight-forward, right? :)

11. DaDakota

Well yes, but straight forward about WHAT exactly?

;)

DD

12. Codman

Well, it's a two-part scenario, but here is one thing:

-Obviously, NeNe is very-well liked by the league, and all of his Nuggets teammates. One is interested in following him here for cheap...

That's all I'm writing for now. :)

13. DaDakota

Not Billups I hope.....they don't have a lot of guys that we would want, do they?

DD

14. Codman

No comment except this comment.:p

There are multiple player possibilities: amnesty, traded as a package and then waived...

I want to give the juicy stuff out, but I can't yet. It's for the good of everyone right now.

...and it is not Trevor Ariza. :)

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

It's already been reported that it's Josh Howard.

16. Codman

I'm not aware of that player.

That's cool though. I wonder if he can return to form following his injury.

17. delishman

delishman Member

Aaron afflalo?

(spelling probably wrong)

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Codman, it's very plain what is happening here. Once the Gasol trade is done, Dwight is next up on the trade block. Whoever gets him will likely get DWill if they have the cap room. Orlando doesn't want to build another juggernaut in the East if they can help it. They don't want to trade Dwight to the Lakers if they can help it. We are going after Dwight!

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Is it that the CBA let's all the Nuggets return to NBA if they sign with the Rockets? Go Yao!

20. HornRocket

HornRocket Member

Morey can give up 'too much" in this deal and still have it be the right move. The guy can find attractive smaller time "assets" better than anyone in the league. Consolidating them into bigger talents is more of a random opportunity. Just depends how far he is willing to go and what his bigger plan is.

FWIW pretty much the smartest NBA bettor on the planet. https://twitter.com/#!/haralabob Thought Houston was working over the Hornets getting Pau for K Mart and Scola

haralabob Haralabos Voulgaris
    If you are New Orleans, why would you even consider trading Gasol for Kmart and Scola, @dmorey is fleecing ya.