1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Morey going to trade away so much Nene not going to come!!

2. toby

toby Member

Pau is worth however much teams are willing to include in a trade that LA accepts. We might not like it, but by the nature of a transaction . . . that is how much he is worth to the buyer.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I wonder if anyone in the Rockets front office is reading this thread. If so, I hope they let their boss know just how many fans think they are making a huge mistake, because the reaction to this trade is going to make the Rudy Gay fiasco look minor in comparison.

To:

1. Help the Lakers create a dynasty.
    2. Trade for a player who clearly doesn't want to be here.
    3. A player who is 31 and has over 800 games of wear and tear, not to mention international play.
    4. And to include young promising and popular talent.
    5. All for a team that still won't be able to win a Championship.

I mean, wow, just wow. It's breathtaking how bad this move is, a total train wreck of a deal, and I would say that even if Gasol was 27 instead of 31. You don't help your competitor build a dynasty. It's nuts, just nuts.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that 3 days ago we all thought that we wanted to get a deal done for CP3 but didn't have an attractive enough offer. Now it turns out that we do but decided to give CP3 to LA and we've settled for Gasol instead.

5. torque

torque Member
    Supporting Member

One thing that is reassuring is that Morey must consider Lowry untouchable.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

While that all is true, they still have more quality than we do (after the trade) and it isn`t even close. You want to bet that Lowry won`t break down? That T-Will can defend Durant (and not cost us the game)? That our 6th man (CBud?) can be anywhere near as effective as Odom)?

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree with you completely. I already wnat to lose my mind at just the thought of us adding more for the Lakers to ultimately get Chris Paul with all of our assets. Its insane.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

You know the more I think about this the more ridiculous it is. These players moving from team to team. The NBA needs a franchise player clause like the NFL so small and mid market teams can retain their free agents. The fact that the NBA caps the maximum salary makes it even more dumb. Take the maximum cap away and add a franchise player clause.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

billsanders bill sanders
    If DH's list is only LAL, DAL and NJN, how do the Lakers NOT end up w him? Bynum is the best ORL can get, right?

Sad but true.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman

11. dharocks

dharocks Member

Can't worry about the Lakers. They lose all their frontcourt depth, Howard seems just as likely to go to NJ, and Paul and Kobe both have knee conditions. Focus on making your team better.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Agreed!!!!

13. Will889

Will889 Member

maybe we get Ariza:confused: lol

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman
    "I just want to play and hopefully it's in Houston," Luis Scola said while he waits to see if the NBA approves the 3-team deal w/Lakers & NO

15. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Damn!! Going to move to refreshing every 5mins versus every 1 minute --

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Choice of Bynum(and whatever trash they throw in) or Lopez and picks. Those knees of Bynum are a concern.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I have tried to look at the big picture, and understand Morey, but we are getting raped in this deal. I want to go down to toyota center and kick him in the balls. I want my 90's rockets i know and love. Carroll Dawson would never do something like this.

18. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

In 3 years Gasol is 34 and in the league for 13 years. Even if he could still produce at a high level this year, our window then would be extremely small.

19. RedNation

RedNation Member

[​IMG]

APPROVE THE TRADE SO WE CAN GET THIS FRONT LINE ALREADY!

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

If the Laker are going to create a dynasty it will happen whether we help them or not. The only difference is we have an opportunity to get better now as well, as opposed to by standing and just throwing our hands up.