1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Like yowy0ws posts in this thread, great addition to the board.

2. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I really don't see the point in all the arguments. Does anyone really believe they can change the opinion of someone else? It's just back and forth, like lock out talks. I guess what else is there to do besides argue what ifs.... I basically am scrolling each page looking for NEWS or tweets. Everything else is blah to me.

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Oh lord...

:rolleyes:

I am guessing you are holding out hope on getting Duncan, Dirk, or Amare....

4. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

!!!

No for really GASOL but yeah...in a way for NENE we can SIGN NENE...But They "WANT" a Big CENTER that dosen't wanna play no where else but LA LAKERS. Said it himself.

5. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Can't blame Pau. He won rings there and LA is a great city to play for.

Hopefully he's a professional though.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If that is the case, than I would be ok with that.....though I would have liked to keep that pick....

DD

7. cod

cod Member

@Mike_Bresnahan: Pau: "If the NBA hadn't stopped it, I would be gone. It's tough 2 keep your balance. I'm happy it hasn't happened."

@KevinDing: Pau Gasol: "I'm happy it hasn't happened. My heart is here. My mind is here."

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Imma watch Barca-Real now, hope I don't miss the deal.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

That was the previous year's ranking. Since then Dirk has become #1 but I would still say Gasol ranks ahead of Duncan/Amare. Blake Griffin is one to watch, notice he was absent from that list.

10. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

Since I couldn't find anything handily off ESPN, had to consult Y!'s Woj column: "e delivered a reconstructed framework of the three-team blockbuster trade sending Chris Paul trade to the Los Angeles Lakers into the NBA office for approval, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

In the details available to Yahoo! Sports, Paul goes to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Houston still sends Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets. The main changes in the deal, "

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

After all the criticism he took in the playoffs last year about being mentally and emotionally soft ...

If he comes here, is he going to play like a bum the entire season?

12. HorneR

HorneR Member

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Pau's saying. The man's 31 years old, he can be a professional when he needs to be.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, giving the pick away is the only thing I don't like. A frontline of Pau and Nene is very formidable.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You guys have to realize that they just went through a lockout, and he has a family, right? So moving to Houston will be a big deal.

DD

15. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Don't care, he's gonna have to suck it up and play. He'll be here for at least 3 more years, so he'll get over it. There's no turning back now folks. The only player to handled this with class is Scola, and for that, I hate to see him go, but this deal has to happen since the Odom and Martin got their feelings got hurt.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh, this is dynamite. :grin:

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pau is just a soft man. Nothing will change that.:p

18. oldman009

oldman009 New Member

if we want to win now, imo the best case scenario would be to
    1) Trade for Gasol (with scola, dragic and some combination of our young players - hill/thabeet/bud/twill - whatever makes the salary work)
    2) Upshot is we keep Martin
    3) try to sign Dalembert

Im no salary cap expert so i dont know how viable this is... but that would leave us with a balanced starting 5 of
    Lowry
    Martin
    Lee
    Gasol
    Dalembert

we preserve our scoring/shooting with martin, but still bolster our interior D.

just my 2cent

19. cod

cod Member

Should we be worried. Surgey after rookie season, now foot problem.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

OK. I guess what I meant is that you don't tell the player they are being traded unless the trade is imminent. Ideally, you do it before they hear it in the press, but don't risk upsetting the player if there's still a decent chance the trade doesn't go through.