1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Of course it's to win now. Gasol is a legitimate superstar and we're trying to couple him with an all-star or near all-star center, along with Lowry and our formidable depth behind those four.

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What would you rather give up to get Pau Gasol?

3. Garner

Garner Member

Who said we are trying to get younger?

Scola/Martin were not enough to break into the playoffs. a top 15 playe rin the NBA is a step in the right direction.

How can that be argued?

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The problem is, if you look at Marc's advanced numbers I'm not convinced he's a guy the Rockets would consider even if Nene were off the board and he weren't restricted. He's not in the same stratosphere as Pau and Nene when it comes to efficiency. Granted he is younger, but I think we wouldn't value him nearly as high as his contract would be.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

explain how Kobe somehow makes him better?? Who is to say Kobe wasn't making him worse.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If it is to win now, you keep Kmart and trade Lee or Twill......

DD

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which is why you also do everything you can to keep specific names hidden as well. This was a high profile deal, so names were unfortunately leaked too early.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You just jumped the shark Fonzi !

DD

9. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

At first, thats what I thought too but then again we have no one else to give. I love Scola nad Martin but you cant deny that we'd be damned to mediocrity with them. However, with Pau and Nene, atleast we have a chance to improve.

10. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Exactly. And they don't know how it feels Thinking Oh yeah lets GO OUT THERE N WIN IT WITH MY "CURRENT TEAM" OR STILL A ROCKET...and 1 of the verteran on the team. and a Scorer what u expect? Yeaa man Im happy. I be piss to SO WOULD YOU...its just cause you aint in there shoes. none of them neither odoms.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Agreed, becasue Kmart has been on so many win now teams...

12. cod

cod Member

Pau is the type of player a team can flipped for a high lottery pick on draft night. I'm only against this trade if Nene is signed.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lee or T-Will obviously weren't getting the deal done or they would have been sent. Plus, the salary wouldn't match and wouldn't leave us room for Nene.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Stop it.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Uh oh. RT @KevinDing: Pau Gasol: "I'm happy it hasn't happened. My heart is here. My mind is here."

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought Kmart was a net 0. You think Lee is a net negative?

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The team went 22-7 with them at the end of last year....they almost made the playoffs, this team as is, is good enough to make it this year......well, was....good enough.

DD

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

RT @KevinDing: Pau Gasol: "I'm happy it hasn't happened. My heart is here. My mind is here.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is a partial truth.

Andrew Bynum averaged 25 minutes per game (23mpg in wins and 28 mpg in losses) in the Lakers' last championship series vs Boston. The bench Centers played for a total of 12 minutes in 7 games. This means Pau Gasol averaged over 21mpg at the Center position with Lamar Odom playing PF. If you think back, you should be able to recall this if you watched the series. Bynum was effective at times, but Gasol played a lot of Center.

I haven't looked up the game logs for the Orlando finals yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gasol played a lot of Center that year too.

All that said, I'm not completely sold on bringing Gasol here.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gasol: "I had a lot of fun today practicing with my guys. Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow."

Gasol on deal still: "Everything is possible again."