1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Well, we made it past 300 pages before DD came in and did what he does best. Moral victory?

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

To be fair, I don't know if Gasol is the #2 PF in basketball but he is clearly the best attainable big in the league, outside of Dwight. And he is in his prime. I get all that. The issue is trading for him doesn't necessarily make us better. We are still treading water. I know there is a lot of back-n-forth on that but I can't sit here and act like he's a scrub. But I don't see him taking us anywhere. He's like the PF version of Joe Johnson.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Rockets just handed out training camp rosters. Should be obsolete in three, two, one.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

The problem with this is, Kevin Martin and Scola will not net us the first overall pick. Never.

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

then why was there so much *itching about him going to the Lakers 3 years ago?

6. ThaShark316_28

Don't drop that "fans" blast on me. Ain't this a business?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, but it might get you in the top 10 etc....or top 5.....that to me is a better way of upgrading your team....

I am unconvinced that with a new coach, and such roster turnover, this is a playoff team.

DD

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That's the equivalent of being the moron on the game show who chooses the mystery prize over the new car. There's a substantially greater chance of becoming a contender through making this deal, signing Nene and pursuing a FA next offseason than crossing your fingers and betting on an "inknown commodity, not smart".

Plus, we don't have an owner who's willing to tank.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If the trade for Pau Gasol goes through and we have a lot of extra cap space, then we need to make a big offer to his brother Marc. That will motivate both brothers and give the Rockets size and scoring at PF and C. Ga-Solid! Ga-SOLD!

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Our answer for C:

[​IMG]

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Because they got him for pretty much nothing....

He is a nice complimentary player, a very good one, but he will not be nearly as efficient playing here without a Kobe Bryant.

DD

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You are underrating how good two 7 foot big men with passing abilities can be. Can't wait to see the high-low game of Pau and Nene. + Our defense is going to be significantly improved.

1 person likes this.
  13. yowyOw

yowyOw Member

Well, the weird thing is that Gasol is a better low post player. And what is weirder is that, except 2011 playoffs, everytime they faced each other, Pau's numbers were better while Dirk were the same or worse. Just look at their face2face.

But Dirk, being a franchise amazing player, is not intimidating AT ALL in the paint; unlike Pau. He's a different player. He's a 7footer Small Forward.

Plus, if it wasn't because of 2011's performance and title, people would still be saying he ain't enough player to carry his GREAT teams (cause he had amazing rosters, AMAZING) to the title.

So, ok. Dirk Nowitzki is better than Pau. Who else? N.O.B.O.D.Y. Love is absolutely OVERRATED. Griffin still has a LOT to prove. Amare got bullied so many times by Pau. Randolph? Gimme a break. With Pau, those Grizz would have won the championship. Davis? Garnett? Duncan? You can't cite anyone who you'd say HE'S BETTER THAN PAU, PERIOD.

And even at C. Pau has done and proved MUCH MUCH MORE than all C except Dwight.

It's just that people ONLY REMEMBER 2011 PLAYOFFS....

14. Garner

Garner Member

haha, welcome to the thread.

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Signing WHAT free agent next year? Both Howard and CP3 will be signing an extension and probably DWill too....

So, who is Morey targeting next year?

DD

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Bynum played 93 minutes(37% of total minutes) against the Magic.
    Gasol played 212 minutes(84% of total minutes) against the Magic.

Yes. Bynum was integral to the Lakers. For reference on how many minute Bynum played, Charles Jones played 30% of center minutes for the Rockets in their glorious finals against the Magic.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why wouldn't you tell him? I mean I'm pretty sure Martin would see all of the rumors he is in if Morey didn't tell him which would be worse.

Lamar Odom wishes his Gm took that approach.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Look folks, I LIKE PAU....

I just think we are giving up far too much for him.....and whom we are giving up sort of does not make sense if the direction of the team is to get younger.......nor does it make sense if it is to win now.

It seems like a "Clear some space" for guys and tread water.

DD

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Didn't Bynum play injured in that series? On a knee that needed surgery?

DD