1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Dirk ..

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mavs/Rockets teams at top of Dalembert's list, sources say. DAL wants him on one-year deal; HOU expected to pursue him if it can't get Nene

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Sounds like Nene > Dalembert > or then going with what we got.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, I hate Salary dumps...I like Kmart, think we could flip him for a draft pick etc.....

I just think we are getting Do ray REEEMED on this deal.

DD

5. Garner

Garner Member

[​IMG]

6. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Dirk Nowitzki

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm clearly not naive about them as you imply simply because someone has a different opinion than you.

I didn't realize Walton or Morrison were playing PF or C for the Lakers, even in 2008. Bynum's presence, at center, made a huge impact on the 2009 and 2010 title teams. If you don't realize that then maybe you are the naive one.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

12 million dollars is why. Kevin Martin as an all-offense no-defense player (aka an inferior prime-Ray Allen) was a luxury that was worth having in the past CBA, especially paired up with a hypothetical Yao Ming. Now? He is overpaid. The new CBA means that if you aren't making less than the MLE or making the max, you are probably overpaid.

This team needed to clear cap space to focus on another big man like Nene, and it needed a SG who wouldn't be a freaking sieve at the other end.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

DD, you can't get much better than Gasol. What do you want the Rockets to do? He's a top 15 player in the NBA. CP3 is the only better player available, and he doesn't want to sign an extension with us.

10. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

If this trade goes through and we sign Nene could we still get Dalembert as back up C?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Pau is certainly not on par with Dream, but he is way better than Gay.

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

not a chance

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess he liked it here

14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I'll take Gasol over Dirk.

15. Broford

Broford Member

All that commotion and drama just so the Lakers can give up a 1st round pick. Wow. How is this that much better? Just send Bynum to New Orleans, dump the contracts of Okafor and Thabeet on LA, and let Houston keep Scola. New Orleans gets youth and spends less money.

16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Pretty obvious that McHale wants this team to be big inside and tough on D, just like his Celtics. There's no room for Scola or Martin in his mind. Welcome back to Van Gundy ball.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I rather have Dalembert than Nene, better rebounder and shot blocker. Confused why no one here talks about him, he's a better option than Nene.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

DD,

On the MJ front... We wouldn't even have the quality pieces from this team to get an MJ.. if indeed MJ was playing in this time. Pau is the best top 15 player (Top 3 PF/C) we can get. Gather assets to gather an all-star piece to build around is what Morey wants. It's what he is going to get and i don't blame him.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I didn't realize our team had Kobe, or another #1 option, since Gasol never led a team to the Finals in that role. Now if you are satisfied with a 1st round exit with him as the #1 option then enjoy. That's as far as he has carried a team.

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Are you ****ing kidding me? Martin just wants to practice/play ball and the Rockets are telling him not to go to practice because theyre trading him.

What the hell do you expect Martin to say? You want him to be happy?

Smh at these ignorant "fans"