1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

considering the fact that, after this trade is approved, the only player still on our team from the 09 playoffs will be kyle lowry, i think this team has definitely proven they can continue to compete and adjust regardless of roster overhaul.

2. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Goran_Dragic Goran Dragic
    @LScola4 I now how you feel bro !!!

3. Garner

Garner Member

He was the best player on the floor when Kobe went 6-24 in the 2010 Game 7Finals vs. the Celtics.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I feel sorry for Scola. Hopefully this whole ding is sorted out ASAP.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gasol averaged 19 and 10, not 18 and 9.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe that the one thing we can be sure of is that Pau is going to be a consummate pro. The guy is a class act.

7. Garner

Garner Member

do we think Dragic speaks spanish or plugged that into google translate also?

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I agree but we will see what Morey has up his sleeves. Also wasn't there reports that Pau could be traded by the deadline if he did end up in Houston?

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That's not quite right. Should say something like: "The worst thing about this is that I can't do my job, after 5 months of lock out, and I am already going crazy to start. I can't do anything but wait."

10. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

i dont understand how those who are against the trade make both these arguments simultaneously:

first, that overhauling and gutting the core is detrimental to the team

and second, that this trade isnt enough to make us a contender, we need to make more drastic, rebuilding moves

that's paradoxical i think

1 person likes this.
  11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah the reactions to stern would be pretty interesting. if he gets rid of okafor's contract, then after looking monumentally stupid yesterday it basically looks like he just stepped in and said "hey mr. gm demps, let me show you how to make a real deal" and got things done in a way that was good for new orleans.

or he's even more of an evil genius than i thought. he basically made the nba world stop turning under the pretense of helping the hornets and found a great cover story (okafor's contract is big) to "force" the lakers to give up 2 people we've never heard of for a double double, 2 blocks per game big man. no brer fox, please don't throw me in the briar patch where that ultra-rare big man who rebounds and blocks shots is located.

or since i'm 20 pages behind the thread right now, this is all irrelevant.

12. Garner

Garner Member

Twitter Splash!

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen

14. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

google translate :grin:

15. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Don't think there are any changes to Rockets part of deal. Hill is at TC practicing. RT @darosenthal8: @Jonathan_Feigen Is Jordan Hill gone?

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

scola tweets in spanish and english

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol and people laughed at me when I said I'd rather have Lowry than Kobe. Laughable yes, but he makes EVERYONE better.

18. Garner

Garner Member

yea, people are still going to laugh at you.

19. rock34

rock34 Member

Agree to disagree. I just have my doubts on Nene and Pau being softies. I just don't see us dominating teams with a big frontcourt if none of the two are real bruisers. If it would be Pau and Marc Gasol that may be different. However, there is no point in that because Memphis will match. I know Nene looks like a beast but if I am not mistaken he only averages about 6-7 boards a game for his career and he is not a shot blocker.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Hope not. We were already giving up enough (don't see how anyone can argue that we have "at least" already put enough into the deal. I'm just wondering how youth and picks get interjected from LA.