1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Garner

Garner Member

thats because they are trees; trees can't grow on trees.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Defense doesn't win championships though... ;)

3. il italiano

il italiano Member

my only problem with all this is pau is 31 and wont be highly motivated to play here. not really a piece a team should be building around

4. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Kevin martin is a TOP scorer also , and SCOLA is the best at his home team.....Hes active...Some of yall just see OH THE GUY IS FROM L.A n WON CHAMPIONSHIP..Don't appercaite K-Mart or Scola. Forget them Easily.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes we clear up cap space to sign a guy who isn't known for defense or rebounding.

And we acquire an unhappy 31 year old PF.

6. crocktees

crocktees Member

Stats-geeks forget about the surrounding cast of characters.
    Nene got a lot of easy buckets in Denver, when it goes from that
    to a low post game what's his PER gonna be? And yeah I know
    the Rockets say they are going uptempo but then we trade away
    our best horses and young talent. Hope Nene is rdy to play feed
    the pig....

7. buffalobills!!!

LScola4 Luis Scola
    Lo peor de esto, es que no puedo hacer mi trabajo, después de 5 meses de lock out ya estaba como loco por empezar. No queda otra que esperar

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's what I fear, signing Nene would set us back for years. The guy is terribly overrated. The trade would be great IF Morey aquires Marc or a star FA in 2012.

9. Garner

Garner Member

I believe this to be a misconception. The idea Morey is using some advanced statistics to try to gain a competitive advantage doesn't mean that everything else goes out the window.

Just because they are pro's with a Ti83's, doesn't mean they can't see what a bunch of keyboard armed fans can.

10. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

you been at this for like 36 hrs straight, and still, no one buys your terrible arguments. just stop

11. crocktees

crocktees Member

This.
    Because a 31 year old PF who avgs 18 and 9 and
    vanishes in the playoffs is NOT "one of the best players
    in the NBA."

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Go to basketball-reference.com and look up the Off and Def ratings of Nene, Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. It's clear that Morey is on a different line of thought than most people out there, and that he's willing to stake his job and maybe his career on this.

It's clear that he probably thinks the Lakers won their championships not because of Kobe but rather because of having two players as big and menacing as Gasol and Bynum in the paint. Now he's trying to reproduce that with Gasol/Nene, using Lowry as the drill seargent in the Kobe role. We all know that Lowry's no Kobe, but maybe he can get the bigs involved more than Kobe did and in doing so make them look even better.

If Morris pans out, there's your starting lineup with Lee as our version of Chicago's Bogans last year (but better in every way). To me, that team with Patterson rotating in as the Lamar Odom makes us a top 3 seed in the West. We immediately overtake LA which loses all its frontcourt depth, and SA is out of the way due to natural causes. It really becomes just us, Dallas, and OKC.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Translation: The worst thing about this is that I can do my job after 5 months of lock out and was mad to begin. No choice but to wait

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Google translation:

The worst thing about this is that I can do my job after 5 months of lock out and was mad to begin. No choice but to wait

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

one bad series does not define a career.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's a legit argument, we are overhauling our core. It is pretty risky tbh if things don't pan out and we end up not getting what it's worth with nene

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

LScola4 Luis Scola
    The worst of all this is that I'm can't do my job. After 5 months lock out I was crazy to go back to work, and this happend. Bad timming
    1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

1 person likes this.
  18. yowyOw

yowyOw Member

Pau's in his prime. Last postseason he was tired of 3 Finals in a row and being the C, the PF, the PG at the post and having to defend what the perimeter doesn't.

Last regular season, he was 2nd in Win Shares (behind Lebron James) and 11th I think in PER. He had some terrific games last season. But it was clear there was bad chemistry since the beginning because Kobe was jealous.

The best games I've seen the Lakers play the last 4 years were with Bynum and Bryant injured. They were winning by double digits. And Pau was averaging, with Bynum and Kobe out and being the nº1 option, 22ppg 15rpg 3apg 4bpg.

Just go look at the 2010 regular season and the games Kobe and Bynum were out. They won @SAS and @Utah by double digits from the 1st quarter til the last.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Thank you. If we went by that logic, Lebron and Kobe would be scrubs too.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

He only vanished one playoff series. Only thing worries me is his motivation since he would be unhappy.

We don't know how Pau would play when being unhappy. Some guys suck it up and some guys cause a distraction. Guess time will tell.