1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should go after Greg Oden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by superchinees, Dec 5, 2011.

1. superchinees

superchinees Member

Think about it.................
    He is a young (23) center who can defend.
    What do you think will happen if Miami gets him and he recovers from his injury??
    That's right Houston now have 0% chance in winning a Championship in the next decade...

We have to build a team around a true center just like we did with Hakeem and Yao. Getting Nene or Chandler won't do us no good and chances on getting Dwight Howard nihil.

We are a rebuilding team so getting Greg isn't that bad of an idea. He could turn out to be a #2 center in the league or get hurt and get us a high lottery pick. Either way it's a win-win situation. And with amnesty we could get rid of him right to clean cap-space.

Let's beat Miami!!!:grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. srrono

srrono Member

Your right perfect replacement for Yao. Will always finish season injured,

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hasheem ThaBest is what will happen, but I agree with you about Oden. However, I believe his contract is around $9 million and they would have to offer more than that, and Portland could still match it.

DD

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yes, the Houston Rockets and their fans will have a strong appreciation for another player who spends most of his time injured.

If the Houston Rockets and their fans are in favor of anything they are in favor of spending a lot of money on players who never actually play. Get it done Morey!

5. superchinees

superchinees Member

Yeah if Hasheem gets a chance this year it will be great, he does have to score just play defense is enough. Another low risk high reward guy GOTTA LOVE THEM.

But how could Miami get Greg if they have to offer 9 mil? Anyways I still think Rocket should consider this, he's definitely a high reward guy. Possible #2 center in the league for just 9 mil LOL. You can build a Championship team around that right;)

6. superchinees

superchinees Member

Morey wants to build Championship teams...so when people like DH and CP won't come to Houston we have to take chances. Or else we will be mediocre for years to come...that would really suck!

7. cod

cod Member

8. superchinees

superchinees Member

Trolling is cool :grin:

But wouldn't it be cooler to win a Championship with a bunch of outcast
    (Flynn, Williams, Thabeet and Oden).

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We already have one complete flaming bust C on our team (Thabust). Why sign another, especially one that may not even play this season? The Rockets need to sign healthy players that are actually good. Oden and Thabust one the same roster would make the Rockets look stupid.

10. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If not stupid, then definitely desperate!!

11. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I would be all for it if he would cost us $5 million or under but his price is too high right now to go after him.

12. superchinees

superchinees Member

$5 mil would be a nice deal, but I guess more teams would lined up to sign him. Hmmm just recalled something....Morey doesn't like to overpay players. I guess this is a no-go :(

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

No, they shouldn't.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can do that for the fun of it.
    Let's assemble all the guys nobody wants.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

The man has a fake ID he's actually 47. Pass.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i'd rather have sam bowie.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

either we by low (sell high) or no deal. ;)

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

Hey DD whenever Thabeet pans out I want some of the credit because I called it first LOL (he and TWill)

19. davestrate

davestrate Member

Greg Oden and Kevin Durant are two unique species in that neither would be capable of running out on their respective teams, this has been obvious from multiple interviews with both.

I dont care how money driven each of them could be, I simply doubt Oden would ditch all of those who have stood by his side and keep believing in him. Other teams, us included would have traded him away a long time ago.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Oden will be much cheaper next off season. Let's play Thabeet this year.