1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH vs UT Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by chocolatebear, Sep 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

As I've shown, your defense is far too much of a liability (even in CUSA, your defense would be bottom half of the league, if not the bottom third), your special teams are joke worthy, and we all know how horribly undisciplined Briles coached teams are. With that kind of inconsistency, somebody in CUSA would get you, and if they didn't, then Houston would wreck you. We're a superior program in all facets of the game this year.

That being said, I hope you beat UT to close out the year to take the title of 2nd best program in the state :)

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Haha. Weren't you the one pressing someone that they didn't understand what the definition of what a "t-shirt fan" is? You are combining t shirt fan with bandwaggon fan. They are not the same thing. I would have agreed with you if you said bandwagon fan but you didn't. As you said, t-shirt fan is a fan who didn't go to the university. UT has a lot of t-shirt fans but they aren't bandwagons.

The reason I brought up donors is because that is indicative to support the university has within the community. Would you not accept someone's support because they didn't attend the university but you would accept their money?

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Outside UH, Conference USA is a joke. There's a reason you guys are so eager to bounce out of the POS conference. Who would stop RG III? Stop kidding yourself. UH hasn't played a ranked team. Nuff said. Like Moes mentioned, you'll have a chance to prove it soon enough.

We'll see which team is the best in the state after next week and the bowl games.

#123 sammy, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Ok got me, I am mixing tshirt and bandwagon fan. Initially I was trying to say that the posters here are not tshirt fans. I don't know of any tshirt UH fans at all in fact.

In terms of bandwagoners, I think there is a difference between a guy waking up and all of a sudden cheering for UH because the team is doing well and a donor deciding that the UH program is worthy of their support. I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Yes, I will take the money.

5. DonnyMost

Good question, let's take a look...

LOL I seriously didn't see that coincidence coming... that's incredible!

6. DonnyMost

We're eager to get out because of the BCS money, first and foremost. Southern Miss and Tulsa are not jokes, dude. And ranked team schmanked team, apparently you only like to point to numbers when it suits you (i.e. polls), otherwise you seem to be pretty dismissive of the numbers that show how much worse your team is than UH. The 'we're in the big 12' excuse is the ultimate sign of surrender in this argument, and I humbly accept your admission of defeat. :grin:

On the real though, sadly we still won't know for certain, even after next week. Although I do know that UH has had an open invitation to any of the Big 12 teams in Texas to play us, so... maybe yall should get on that ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The other reason why UH wants to leave now is because they haven't exactly dominated the conference outside of this year. Remember, Rice has won 2 of the last 4 vs. UH. They got lucky getting their 6th year QB an extra year of eligibility. Next year it's back to reality for the Coogs

8. DonnyMost

Since CUSA realigned into 2 divisions UH is 59-31, including a league best 38-11 conference record, and has won the West 3 times.

Oh, and 73-34.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm glad the Rice football team is so terrible this year, because they proved in the off season are nothing but common street trash. Rice must feel pressure to not get anally assaulted on a regular basis so they clearly stoop to hiring shady individuals to run their programs and that includes recruiting hoodlums and criminals. Bunch of thugs with rap sheets as long as my green dots.

Its so great for Houston to have such a nice, wholesome QB like Case Keenum lead a team of hard workers to great success.
    Great to see high moral standards at UH leading to such a great year, whereas the morally odious Rice football team gets what they deserve.

Go Coogs, Go Class.

#129 moestavern19, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lmao so now you admit you have no idea what a t-shirt fan is.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Who gives a flying **** what makes someone a fan, there is no fan meter that rates fandom.

That is a joke...if you are a fan, you are a fan......period....

It is not up to anyone else to determine true fandom, who the **** cares what someone else thinks?

Honestly....SHEESH !

DD

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

"LMAO" nope, while I was talking to the other guy I listed bandwagon fan attributes instead of tshirt fan attributes, that was incorrect. Everything I said to you still stands. I also see you didn't address anything I said. The difference between us is that I was wrong when speaking to someone and admitted it, you were an idiot and will continue to keep getting dumped on because you are too dense and arrogant. "LMAO"

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

That's what I've been trying to argue, please go back and read before you jump in like usual and make a stupid statement.

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I was agreeing with you, vehemetly.

;)

DD

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nope....guess why.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the best for you UHers, I hope they play Alabama or LSU in a bowl game!

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Because any team that plays them will likely get beat? ;)

My guess is that we will get Michigan but OSU or Boise State would be good games. Got to get past S. Miss, they are no easy out.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Any more cocky UH fans?

1 person likes this.
  19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

UT fans are a bastion of humility.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

UH is homeless for a bowl game now. Maybe this match up happens?