1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Welp, I hadn't planned on going to the midnight release since I was off on Thursday and had to go to work at 9:45 am on Friday.

But today I was told one of my co-workers got a job in Houston and today would be his last day. So I would take his closing shift tomorrow... which means I would be able to work the midnight release we were doing. Then another co-worker said he could switch shifts with me on Friday to where I could work at 4 pm on that day.

So not only will I be at the midnight release... I'll be playing the game all night when I get home.

**** yeah!

2. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bH1GUi8rNQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my god...

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Watching the review above, I'm confused- Can you toggle between 1st and 3rd person constantly, or is the view dependent on your actions?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

You can toggle constantly.
    Of course the previous problem was that 3rd person view was not practical in the last few games. However, it should be fixed in this one.

1 person likes this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

The reviews are pouring in......

<embed class="rev3PlayerEmbed" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://revision3.com/player-v10516" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" width="555" height="312" />

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Outstanding. I can't stand not having peripheral vision for my avatar in first person games.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

Looks great. I'm really pumped. I want to buy this from Steam but I hate the fact that I can't install it on the harddrive I want. The one Steam is installed on is full already.

8. Zboy

Zboy Member

No matter where you buy it from, in order to play it on PC you have to play it through Steam.

This is a Steam game.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

That blows. I mean, I buy most of my games on Steam, but I have Steam installed on my flash drive and it's not that large. So I'm constantly having to delete games. Just deleted Arkhum Asylum last night so I could play Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. And now I will have to figure out how to get Skyrim installed. It'll likely need 10GBs.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

A guy on GiantBomb.com is live streaming himself playing the game right now.

11. chestr

chestr Member

Only 6 GB required

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm actually regretting watching this stream. I really need this game right now.

13. Zboy

Zboy Member

Does the world level with you like in Oblivion?

I hated that.

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

This. I really want to know because I hated it too. I love being able to go back through a lower level area and beat up on creatures that kicked my butt. I hate being level 50 and meeting a level 50 rat.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

@Zboy and Yonkers.

To an extent, they do.
    However they fixed the coding that made you completely inferior to enemies that are the same level as you.
    Also they have also included level-specific areas as well.

A combination of the two.
    Some areas, probably in the beginning of the game will have low-level enemies that you can smite with your mighty hammer.
    And some areas will have high-levels...

Pretty much the further you travel out from your initial location, the harder the enemies will get. But at the same time, they used an algorithm of some sort to prevent you from fighting enemies that are too strong or too weak.

While areas are somewhat level-specific its pretty much relative to how strong you are.

Sorry if that was confusing lol.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

One of the best parts of Morrowind was figuring out where I couldn't go, and later going back to do kill everything that tore me up earlier. It really motivated me to keep playing. The level matching is one of the reasons that I thought Morrowind was maybe better than Oblivion (I also thought the art/design was much more interesting).

Level matching sincerely reduces my interest in the game. I get that they do it for casual gamers, but I wish they'd let you turn it off. It limits the mystery when there is a very specific, slight, measured level of danger in exploring a.new part of the world.

17. Uprising

Uprising Member

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=giantbomb" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=giantbomb&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb#r=-rid-&amp;s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Giant Bomb Live! on www.twitch.tv</a>

18. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Oh my my. I'm NUTTING in my pant for this sexy game. Pump it now b****!

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree with you on everything you just said. I didn't care for the leveling of enemies in Oblivion. Morrowind is still among the biggest "wow" gaming moments I've had.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

This is actually one of the biggest reason I always loved From Software games... which back in the day was the King's Field series, and today is Demon's Souls/Dark Souls: they loved planting you in front of enemies that are near-impossible to beat at the beginning of the game (or in the case of KF1, quite literally impossible).

I agree also that art direction on Morrowind was far better and that overall, it was simply a superior experience to Oblivion. If one could patch Oblivion's graphics and combat into Morrowind, I'm not sure I'd have played Oblivion much.