1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drake - Take Care Leaked

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tamericus, Nov 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How could I forget Big KRIT?! The guy is just good. I'll take a listento those. I'm always down to listen to some new stuff.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

Call me a hater but Aubrey Graham is an actor. If you can act the role of a handicapped student, you can act the role of a rapper.

No offense to anyone.

3. jank1434

jank1434 Member

Agreed for the most part... Kanye has crossed several styles the last few albums, and they are all hits. I enjoy Rick Ross, I feel that people disregard him because he acts all hood, but he is from a suburban middle class family. Jeezy was great with TM 101 and he puts out a good mixtape, but kinda went downhill with me over the last few years. And Jay may not be the best rapper, but what he has done to the game is immeasurable and there will not be another one like him in a long, long time.

4. BasketballReasons

A couple of good songs on the album. I wouldn't listen to it all year, but there are definitely some songs that I can relate to, it takes a man to admit that he has soft spots.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

The rare times I listened to 97.9, stopped when they banned Trae the Truth.

**** em

6. BasketballReasons

Kanye West for me is one of the greatest producers of all time. What he does just baffles me. Watch the Throne was very very surprising. I didn't expect it to be as musically complete.

I feel like J. Cole can follow a similar path.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What I like about drake, he shows so much love to Houston. He makes references that only Houston folks would know about. For example, the last few seconds of the first track and the sample off the song HYFR. And its doing it on a natiomal level. So he could make the ****tiest music in the world and I'll still support him.

8. alexcapone

alexcapone Member

This. I support those who support Houston. I loved Lil Flip because he referred to Houston in every other line. His Undaground Legend album is a classic.

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Exactly. Reppin' that 713, 281, 832. It's all about that 77092 son.

10. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

11. Relentless

Relentless Member

Yeah man. I don't care that he's from Canada. Showing love to Houston gained my respect.

"I'm in the city of the purple sprite..."

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

:confused::confused::confused:
    Musically complete? Yeah beg to differ. Not even close to that imo.
    I pray J. Cole doesn't follow a similar path but being that Rocnation family with the link to GOOD, I'm pretty sure eventually he'll go down the WTT path as in pretentious wealth flaunting. It's fine if you want to make an album to celebrate your hard work but imo it was more about name dropping.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I agree with this. There are some Drake songs I will admit to feeling. Drake the singer I can deal with. Drake the rapper, takes a lot for me to listen to that.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think he was talking about the production of the album and not the lyrical content of it.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Its hard to have longevity in hip hop.. Drake makes enough good music to ensure he stays relevant in it...Hip hop is all opinions. Some of the artist mentioned , I personally wouldn't give the time of day.. I ,honestly, can't name not one J.Cole track that I've paid attention to... But I understand I'm in the minority,as far as that is concerned, among hip hop fans... Nas is another one ... I dont understand the love of his music.. I liked early Nas but never thought he was among hip-hop greats...People tend to throw names out there ,solely based on the impact of their 1st album, in discussions of hip hop's elite...

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wholeheartedly agree on the Nas thing. Besides illmatic and ether I don't think he has anything else.

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Member

Same here. Lots of big artists releasing albums.

Eminem
    Jay/Ye
    J. Cole
    Lil' Wayne
    Drake
    Wale
    Mac Miller
    Wiz Khalifa
    Big Sean

Can't keep up...

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I can dig it!!!

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

20. s land balla

s land balla Member

"Shoutout to the Asian girls, let the lights dimsum."

I just saw Jay-Z and Kanye at Madison Square Garden on Monday night. Was an awesome performance and was really cool seeing Jay-Z perform in his hometown.