1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Luck or Newton??

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Nov 5, 2011.

?

Luck or Newton

1. Luck

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Newton

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If you could either have Cam Newton right now, or be able to draft Luck in next seasons draft which one would you take?

Newton's has the look of a superstar in the making, and displays all of the qualities that you would want in a franchise QB. Luck is supposed to be the best QB prospect since Manning, but hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

Right now I would take Newton.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't know.

I watch Andrew Luck and I see the physical tools, but you can't really convince me that he'll be a sure-fire NFL Superstar on par with the Mannings and the Rodgerses.

3. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I see Cam Newton as a young Donovan McNabb. I guess he's stronger and more athletic but that's not the type of quarterback that has won championships in this league.

Give me Luck.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Cam might be having the greatest rookie qb season ever. The odds say luck will be a bust more than a success. Luck might be real good, but you can't pick someone who has proven it vs someone who hasn't.

5. plates300

plates300 Member

it's easy to look at it now and say newton, seeing as how he is doing a lot better than what most people thought. Now, if Luck and Newton were both in the same draft class, who would you go with? The risk, in my opinion, is much lower with Luck, although the reward would be greater with Newton. This really isn't even a fair question seeing as how Newton is already pro and Luck has yet to take a snap as a pro. Ask this question after they both play a year of pro and that will be a much better question.

6. conquistador#11

Who looks cooler at the line of scrimmage? I have to go with newton and his visor over luck's hand gestures. I really liked how Cam stood up for his kicker at the press conference last week saying they win as a team and lose as a team. The kid has a good head on his shoulders. From all the pre draft hoopla, we were led to believe other things.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's not a question it would be Luck in that case. Newton was taken #1, but there were a lot of skeptics. I didn't think he was going to be as good as he has been.

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What Newton has going for him is that we pretty much know he isn't a bust. That doesn't have anything to do with Luck mind you, it's just that I think what was holding Cam back in a lot of people's eyes was the risk that he'd be JaMarcus Russell 2.0

Now obviously Luck is the prototypical #1 Overall Pick Quarterback Prospect in the Palmer/Manning/Aikman mold, in terms of having everything you'd want from a franchise QB. But given Newton's superior physical tools and the fact that he's proven that he can play at this level, I'd probably have to go with Cam.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

No way, Luck has a higher upside than Newton.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Luck. Wouldn't think twice about it.

11. Asian Sensation

Luck before I ever saw Newton play in the NFL but now not so sure now. Newton is showing that he's quite the stud.

Just as easily as Luck could be the next Manning or Rodgers he could also be the next Ryan Leaf. Cam's already displayed he can play in this league and play really well.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Would have said Luck before the season but now I'm going with Newton.

Nobody expected Auburn to win a Championship before the season yet he led them to the Championship.

And he has been very good in the NFL.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would take Newton. He is proven and Luck has a 50 percent change of being very average or worse.