1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade AJ for Luck?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Oct 17, 2011.

?

Luck for AJ?

1. Peyton 2.0 plz

98 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Hell no, best WR for rookie QB? No thanks

88 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. T-mac&Yao=RING

I do not watch many Texas games but I have heard that there are times when they do not even look AJ way.

I just think it is pretty crazy that he does not get more TD's

2. MadMax

MadMax Member

maybe if we had some depth at the position....just sayin'.

3. Major

Major Member

Do guys like Calvin Johnson not get double-teamed?

4. The Real Shady

Detroit's second best WR is their TE just like the Texans, and some can argue that Walter has been better than Burelson over the last 4 years.

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

exactly. of course they do. that comes with the territory.

so the question is whether you believe AJ can make the play or not. honestly, i can't believe he gets thrown at so little in the red zone.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

After the fumble return Personal foul. Leading with the helmet, #12 of the offense. Fifteen-yard penalty will be assessed at the end of the fumble recovery."

Hey, he might be able to tackle... ILLEGALLY, maybe. :eek: Hey, I know ILLEGAL.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Let's make this plan HELL TO THE GOT DAM NO.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

1) CJ has been a top 3 WR in talent. Not necessarily in production. There is a difference. He was always a huge threat, but when it came to game day production, every GM would have taken AJ over CJ for the last 4 years.

2) What could Kubiak know exactly? Does AJ suddenly lose his athleticism, hands, quickness, strength, leaping ability and precise route running in the redzone?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why they don't do more back shoulder stuff with AJ is beyond me, Kubiak seems to want to outhink other coaches sometimes rather than just letting your playmakers make plays.

DD

10. v3.0

v3.0 Member

If I see AJ with one on one coverage in the red zone, I go to him all day and twice on Sunday. But I'm not Matt nor Gary. Then again if we're talking about 5 yard line on in, let's not get cute when we have Foster and Tate.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I know we are all mesmerized with AJ, and what he can do exceptionally well... But has anyone ever thought about what he cant do?... Im sure, AJ and Schaub work on things like this in practice and in the offseason.. Maybe its not one of his strong suits.. He's pretty thick and has a strong base... IMO, he probably cant balance his body enough to do things that other WR's do.. Calvin can jump out of this world and can adjust his body very well... So its a no-brainer to just lob passes to him ,even when covered my multiple defenders..

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

close your eyes and remember the ballerina-like catch in the back of the end zone as time expired vs. the Ravens last year.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Im not sayin he hasnt done it MM... But it may not be his strong suit. Otherwise, I think the dumbest of coaches and Qbs would ,undoubtedly, force it to him more often...

14. msn

msn Member

If I have to guess between Schaub and AJ which athlete has limitations...

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That's the problem. Either it's Kubiak or Schaub, my guess is the former, but there is nothing drawn where AJ is called to make a play. A few of Calvin's TDs were red zone jump balls where the ball's placed at a height where only Calvin could reach even if he was covered well. CBs taller than 6' are rare, so why not let AJ use both his height and strength to go get the ball.

But Kubiak's hubris will end up giving the ball only to guys who are open based on play design.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Absolutely trade for Luck...AJ isn't going to do squat here with Schaub throwing to him. I'd like him to go to a team where he can get a ring while we have a good chance at a great QB for our future. AJ is getting older...you don't keep an elite receiver that only has about 3 maybe 4 years left(same with Schaub) if you can get a probable elite QB for the next 10 years. But nobody would trade Luck for AJ even now...it's amazing how many folks would rather keep AJ...I think most of them really haven't seen Luck play. It's like watching people vote for the president...they don't really know much about the candidates, they're just going for "their guy".

17. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

This is not a playoff team without Aj. In fact, AJ's health is what has kept this team out of the playoffs.

Luck is very very good, but he will cost of money, require a lot of patients, and may or may not live of the hype.

Count me in as a Texans fan who is tired of mediocrity and waiting on players to develop at key positions.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

But Luck without Andre, and with the receivers the texans have right now isnt going to do squat.

19. thejav

thejav Member

yes i would..luck is said to be the best QB to come out of college since payton manning..so yes i would give up an ageing WR for a future HOF QB..if we don't get him.. i just hope no one in our division does..that would be horrible for us for the next decade...

20. MONON

MONON Member

Without AJ and a rookie qb, we'll be worse than we are now. AJ opens up our running game.