1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i think my neighbor is stealing my gas...need advice for revenge scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jo mama, Oct 13, 2011.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Destroying his car might make him go full heisenberg on you.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Don't do it. Nothing good can come of this. Just set up a security camera.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

[​IMG]

He had a similar problem!!!

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would not do your scheme. It's been forever recorded on teh internetz through CFnet. If he or someone he knows just so happen to be a netizen of the Hangout, you could get in (legal) trouble.

However if you have another scheme to get back that's better than messing up his engine, don't put it here. In case something go REALLY wrong for your neighbor, there wouldn't be any proof it was you... or at least not online.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i am the one who knocks!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he has garbage piled in his back yard can't you get the neighborhood association on his ass?

DD

7. jo mama

if you are willing to steal from your neighbors you should be willing to accept the consequences.

and i would love it if he confronted me - that would prove that he was the thief all along.

i seriously doubt i could get in legal trouble - if anyone would it would be my neighbor for stealing. what exactly am i doing that is illegal?

8. jo mama

i live in south austin guey - no h.o.a. here.

we settle our disputes old west style - by spiking our neighbors gas!

9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Purchase a reasonably priced game camera and put it in your back yard to see if you can get pictures of him coming into your yard. (Also, hide the camera so he doesn't steal that too).

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm all for revenge but the law in this situation may be similiar to the one about spiking your food at work because someone keeps stealing it. if they get sick, you are liable. so, if his wife has an accident while driving the car which was filled with your bleached gas you could be liable. i dunno.

11. dmc89

dmc89 Member

You should first do moderate and practical responses like not leaving things on your porch, installing a camera(s), getting a lock, going to various houses and spreading the word (telling them you'll take drastic measures against future thieves), and alerting Austin PD.

After all the above, you can spike your gas. It seems like you want to do the last and most extreme option before you try the other ones.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

HA HA HA....Cracka.

#32 Xerobull, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    2 people like this.
  13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Probably better to just confront him, or do nothing at all and lock up your gas. Remember, you have to continue to live next to this guy until one of you moves.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Be the bigger man

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do you mean just kick his ass?

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Forget him getting mad and all that....by spiking the gas, it sounds like you'd be affecting his wife more than him. I would feel pretty guilty if that poor woman ended up getting broken down on the side of the road....especially since she's obviously the one keeping that household together. If anything, I would just confront him and tell him you know it was him, but that you aren't going to do anything.....THIS TIME. But the next time you find him on your property, or something comes up missing, you won't be so nice.

17. BenVR4

BenVR4 Member

Simple solution: Get another gas can

This time instead of filling it up with octane gasoline, fill it up with diesel.

He puts that in his car that does not run diesel and that should do the trick.

You are not putting some substance with the direct intent of ruining his car. You actually might have a legitimate reason for having diesel.

That will teach him a lesson and at the same time you cannot be held liable for screwing up his car as it is perfectly normal to have diesel in a gas can.

Problem solved. Case Closed
    /close thread

3 people like this.
  18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Outstading idea.

+1 rep for you sir.

19. Buck Turgidson

Except that most, if not all, plastic fuel cans are labeled & colored: red says "gasoline" on the can; blue = diesel; yellow = kerosene.

20. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Bang his wife.

1 person likes this.