1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 1, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

no rookies.... BOOO

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

NO RANKED LOBBIES BOOOOOOOOO

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

F the rookies, this game will be the best sports game ever if it'd be released with the old demo-build(notice I played since SNES and don't say GOTY usually). The new additions, revamping My Player, the controls and physics make up for all the negative ish. Can't wait for October, too bad the release is exactly when University starts. :(

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm sure someone will post the rookies on 2kshare, or maybe 2k11 will have random players that look and play exactly like the rookies, but have different names (I think NBA Live did that one year w/ Jordan, where the player's name was #23 or something like that).

Also, a friend of mine brought up a good point. This wasn't a particulary legendary draft class. If you're a Cavs fan or a Twolves fan, you might be disappointed, but other than that I don't see the rookies making any big impact on the gameplay.

5. SloFo

SloFo Member

So how would MyPlayer draft work if there's no rookies? Would they just be generic players?

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ... Some people really haven't used 2Kshare to its fullest... It is probably the best feature in the whole damn game...

7. Htown's2kFinest

Take out our pitchforks. 2k for some reason lowered Kmart's rating from an 81(2k11) to a 79. Just one point higher than Roy and 4 behind Ellis... Don't get this especially when they actually featured him now on their trailers and have him as one of the star players on the menu background. He was the best rated player on 2k11 so it's gonna suck cause they probably did the same to Lowry's and Scola's ratings too. And they really knocked Twill's rating down some from a 76(2k11) to 72 so he probably won't be nearly as good as last year when you could stick him on anyone and power dunk over players. Hell they probably lowered everyone's ratings on our team including Patterson but I know they kept most of the star players' ratings the same...:rolleyes:

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That is annoying, but I need to take a closer look. If they have his shooting and foul drawing pumped up, with other things knocked down, I am ok with that.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Like I said, expected a bump for our guys as there are tons of new attributes you have to take into account for the OVR. We sadly have lots of one-dimensional guys that only score without being great at athleticsm, passing, defense, rebounding,...

10. showtang043

showtang043 Member

2kshare is flawed for realistic rosters, I downloaded the recent roster on 2k11 with rookies, rated 5, downloaded by many, and it was just unrealistic the way they rated most of the rookies...so it is definitely far off from what you would get with 2k

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just made a semi Dream Shake with Chandler in the demo. The post-controls are so incredibly complex...witnessing new stuff every time I play, and that's just with Dirk and Chandler. Can't wait to get the game and create a Center to master all these moves.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Does anyone know if myplayer will be forced to run actual plays again? That update ruined 2k11 for me.

13. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

How do you get this insider information?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just saw this at OS, shows what you can get as DLC.

[​IMG]

Incredible, seems they trashed Blacktop and made this awesome mode.

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams will be playable online, via DLC.

Greatest stars in NBA history compete in:
    2 vs. 2 Teammate Challenge
    3 vs. 3 Era Challenge
    Even 21, H.O.R.S.E. and more
    You pick the match-ups and rules
    Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest
    Import your My Player - can you compete?
    Set in NYC's iconic Times Square

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You are downloading the wrong rosters...

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can turn playcalling off this year, but they say it's way better and intelligent in 2k12 if you have it turned on.

17. showtang043

showtang043 Member

the real 2k insider roster or something like that? It was downloaded by many and rated the highest. And in it with all the rookies you have all the rookies rated in the 70s and 5 stars, its natural to overrate tehm base on verbal hype so on, 2k official doesn't do taht

18. pge71188

pge71188 Member

anyone know any spots selling it early in Houston?

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Download the one that is rated 4. Not 5.

20. Htown's2kFinest

2k definitely threw the Rockets under the bus this season. Lowry took a major hit from 2k11 and is now a 76 from 81 and Scola a 77 from 81 before as well. Lowry is now just one point ahead of Brooks and players like Conley, Billups, Kidd etc all are rated higher...

If you like using the Rockets online and want them to fix this like in last years game, post your complaints on the 2k12 forum and to @Ronnie2k and let them know what's real.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4RhYsNPMgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Vid might not be up for long and is not my upload.