1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Definitely agree with Kubiak trying to get cute. Run the football. Arian would have easily made the catch that Tate dropped, but Arian can't make the coach call running plays with a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Either saints defense turned it up a notch in the 4th or texans shriveled up along with the gameplan. Texans don't have another level that championship teams are capable of utilizing when the game is in danger.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Absolutely, 100%, dead on.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The Saints kept calling blitzes. We called off the dogs. We were playing as if we had a 2 score lead against a crappy offense with 2 minutes to go. When in reality, we had a one score lead against the most dangerous offense in the NFL with 10 minutes to go.

Dumb.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Anyone know who's our secondary coach??...We need to send our DB's to PrimeTime U.........

6. DonnyMost

I think this just about sums up how I feel about this game.

[​IMG]

7. msn

msn Member

Didn't you just list reasons the Texans won't streamroll their way into the playoffs?

Yep.

yep.

aaaaand the hat trick.

how much of it was self-inflicted? I'd say a lot.

We had the NO Saints down 9 in the 3rd quarter after a great stop and we had the ball. That's the time you put your foot on their necks with an 8-minute drive!! Nope. 3-and-out. With stupid play-calls.

I think we out-Kubiaked ourselves out of that win.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vance Joseph.

9. DonnyMost

No, I listed the reasons we lost by one score to a Superbowl team in their house.

Nothing that happened yesterday tells me we're not winning at least 10 games and making the playoffs with the remaining schedule.

10. msn

msn Member

Also, if I see the back of Kareem Jackson's jersey, with his clueless head gazing at the WR's numbers as he catches another TD, one more time, I'm going to puck Battle Red.

Why in the hell is this joker starting on an NFL team? Two years in, and you still don't have the presence of mind to turn your dumbass head around when the WR fixates on the ball??????

But worse than Kareem's laughable incompetence is the management that continues to run this guy out there as a starter. What the hell, Gary?!? What the hell, Wade?!?!!?

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

And don't forget the terrible sideways punt to cap it off.

Quick and easy score, we get the ball back, and Schaub gifts them an INT on the 38.

What a tidal wave of momentum....in the Superdome of all places.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Disappointing, but the Saints are a good team; particularly in NOLA.

If we win this week, we'll be 3-1. That's a great start.

13. DonnyMost

The Steelers look particularly vulnerable. I won't be shocked if we're a -1 favorite in that game.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

That offensive line is really beat-up. Coach Fix-It needs to be working overtime this week for ways to take advantage. Watt, Williams, Smith, and Barwin need to treat Big Ben like Big Ben treats girls in club bathrooms. This is one of the games that I think the Texans need to "steal" if they are going to be better than 9-7.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And if we lose, we will be 2-2, and the two wins came against teams that at least this week, are 0-6.

16. DonnyMost

And exactly where most people thought we'd be.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so it's kind of a big game :)

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Close, but we're a -2 favorite.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Steamroll is a strong word but the Texans will easily win the division barring a catastrophic injury. When you consider the other teams (Jax, Indy, Tenn), steamroll might actually be appropriate.

Somebody tell Kareem Jackson to stop jawing with receivers when they turn him into burnt toast. I get it that Lance Moore is irritating, but the additional chatter made Jackson look more foolish.

20. msn

msn Member

Jackson jawing with *anyone* is foolish. What has he done that gives him any right to run his mouth? Dude needs to shut up until he's proven he belongs in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.