1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office [Season 8]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 17, 2011.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Gabe's character sucks. Why is he even still on the show? I don't think he had 1 line the entire episode last night.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

God that was horrid, like somebody transplanted a failed sitcom from the 90's and tried to pass it off as a new show.

If they were going to put that crap up they might as well have left Perfect Couples on, lesser of two evils, since they aren't bringing 30 Rock back till midseason.

Would not be surprised if Whitney is pulled after 1 more episode.

3. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I agreee, I realized they need to evolve, but they change some of the loveable and familiar traits of these people. Andy has stayed which is good, Creed hopefully gets used more, but one guy who was always the most entertaining was Dwight and he has changed considerably. He is more confidant, sure, practical, can be fooled less, and just is not as fun as he used to be. They miss small elements that used to crack me up, last night when they showed him doing karate, what was real funny was a few season ago when he was doing a karate class with 12 year olds and him. I don't know, i hope they don't change what has worked.

I think gabe is good in that he is annoying, weird, quirky and fits right in. The one character I can not stand is Erin, she is sweet and all, but she just is not funny. I don't think I have laughed once at her lines

4. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Whitney is just putrid. Caught the first 3 minutes off the dvrd episode of the office and proceeded to kill my dvr with fire. Of all the shows in the vault, this is the one NBC decides to throw out there?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I did laugh at the whitney show once when the guy asked if banging a pregnant woman counts as a threesome. The constant "audience" laughter was incredibly irritating and Whitney's acting ability reminded me if Jerry Seinfeld's.

Gabe was gold last season

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought they shipped him away at the end of last season?:confused:

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

He's still there, I saw him in background shots. Now that he's not dating Erin it just seems like he doesn't fit. He did have his moments last season, like confronting Andy in the bathroom.

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

when they talked about Spader applying for the CEO and got it..lol
    also Kevin planking was pretty hilarious! All out was a good episode, andy da man!:grin:

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pam is not aging well =(

Erin is still the cutest thing tho

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw that he was there, but I thought they literally sent him to Florida at the end of last season. Thought he was done.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gabe is a tertiary character who may not be in every episode, which is fine with me. I can only take him every now and then. Last year was probably his peak on the show.

Pam can't be this way all season. Surely the writers know that. She was like fingernails on a chalkboard last night.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Have to say I might end up liking the show more post-Micheal Scott.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Spader did take over... I'm guessing whatever branch Gabe was sent to was closed down and he relocated back to Scranton.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Really stretching it.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Did they say how long Spader is signed for? He's gonna have to develop into something more than straight man with quirky one-liners, because Creed already does that.

16. sew

sew Member

Gabe is there for everyone to **** on him.

His role is an important one.

17. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Angela Kinsey confirmed that Jenna Fischer is eight months into her pregnancy, so that baby should be popping out pretty soon.

I'm really curious whether or not this season Jim gets Dwight back for the Christmas snowmen/snowball prank(s).

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm really excited about the possible storylines that could come out of both Angela and Pam being pregnant.
    [​IMG]
    not.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I loved the episode last night especially the planking (Kevin was hilarious) and gotta love Stanley. Spader is going to be great and I like Andy as the new manager.

20. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

caught this clip on hulu, explains gabe's situation a bit. Around the 39 sec mark.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JdMK7b5jxGaG5kbmhfcFnQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JdMK7b5jxGaG5kbmhfcFnQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>