1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mooch

Mooch Member

any 1 have a direct link to download from?

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Downloading it now.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I LOVED 2K11, but after playing the demo 1 or two times, the DEMO is the best basketball game I've ever played. And, this isn't even close to the final build of the game. :eek:

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

A few things I noticed about the demo that I absolutely love:

1. The post play is freaking ridiculous. It takes some getting used to but once I got the controls down I started messing around with it... and some of the stuff I was doing with Dirk was amazing. Just the simple addition of a fake step in one direction while keeping your dribble is HUGE. Then you add the fact that you can chain off it it by either taking a shot, adding fakes to it, or just spinning off the defender and going toward the basket is incredible to me. I felt like I was actually playing with Dirk.

2. I got a rebound with Jason Kidd in a crowded area and I instantly took off running in the other direction.... two steps later I ran into a teammate and lost the ball. That is such a key addition to the game, it's not even funny.

3. Defense... I don't even know how to explain it. Everything just feels smoother.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just played the demo..

It's nice. I think the gameplay is better than 2k11 just from the 2k12 demo itself.

I just preordered 2k12 from Amazon since they are going to in fact release the game regardless of the lockout. I'm pretty excited just from playing this demo.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OK, you guys have convinced me, I am going to check out the demo...love, love, love the 2K basketball games.

The My Player aspect rox.

DD

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I thought the graphics seemed worse....Rick Carlisle looked terrible lol. I will still buy as always.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Played the demo but mostly look forward to My Player mode again.

I noticed the post moves and the more realistic "turbo" trigger. I love how the player throw the ball far to dribble when they take off on a fast break.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love how the ball has it's own physics, now you really can strip the ball from lazy ball handlers that don't protect the ball and try to dribble through the whole zone. Hated how you couldn't steal for ish in 2k11.

10. Htown's2kFinest

Demo looks solid. Did a Dream/McHale move in the post with Dirk and my jaw dropped. It looked so smooth. Still haven't gotten all the post moves down yet but can't wait to play the real thing on Oct 4. This lockout ain't gonna keep me from some Rockets basketball. :)

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Imma go with the Clippers, can't wait for the Dunkathon. You have more transition and real fastbreaks in 2k12, that with a roster filled with athletes like Griffin, Gordon, Aminu, Moon, Leslie, Foye, Bledsoe, Jordan...Slamma Jamma time. Also with the new post-mechanics you should be able to dominate with Blake and Kaman down low. Nice shooters included.
    Clippers are the perfect video game team now. :cool:

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What's a canned animation?

13. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Wow, was not expecting a drastic 2k11 change and was hesitant without new rosters, but the reviews all around the web are crazy.

That said, I spend most of my time on the Association. I am not so interested in online association, but to see if anything has been updated with the regular association. I can't find anything, anyone hear/read of things? It could use a new engine to decide what wins and many intricacies could be improved

14. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

They are coming out with a Developer Insight, discussing different aspects of the game, every week leading up to launch. I believe there will be one on The Association soon, but not 100% sure about that.

They had one recently talking about the training modes they put in to help you learn all the controls ( believe 30 overall). But, each one has a mentor showing you everything and who you play one-on-one afterwards to try everything you learned out. They said The Dream would be the mentor for post moves.

15. SunsRocketsfan

hated the Demo because it limited me to the Heat or the Mavs.. AHHHHHHH

:)

16. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Yea, I read that and definitely like the improvements. Yet sometimes I just like purely "GMing", I probably ended up spending more time doing that than playing the actual game(including training, practice mode, etc). So it is something I just really enjoy to pretend I am the GM and building a team.

There is a lot of holes in this regard that they do not address. In regards to team chemistry, they need to make a coach that can have an effect on players accepting roles and being happier. Take Ginobili for an example, if you tried to make him a 6th man in 2k11, he would end up demanding a trade, yet he has been a 6th man under poppovich for so long and not many coaches can pull it off. I think that could be another plus of having some of the vet coaches( a la Phil Jackson, Poppovich, Ric Adelman, Doc rivers) that can have players accept such roles and still be happy. So I think they need to go more on flexibility and sort of cohesion on players and where they will accept certain roles and why.

Also,I notice the "star" designation is almost irrelevant. Maybe they need to add in a designated "1st option", "2nd option", 3rd sort of deal.

Then there goes into really odd contract demands. If a rookie has potential at A+, he is a 6 foot pg, he plays underneath a star and doesn't get many minutes for his rookie contract so his performance is subpa. So he is in the free agency and he is already 26, unproven, and he is demanding a max contract and not considering anything else? I think they need to Atleast try to make it comparable to the real NBA(yes, there may be a few instances, but normally it doesn't make sense). Also someone like JEremy Lin demanding 3-5 million every year and ends up not being signed or playing in the NBA and staying on the FA list every year. I mean people's demands change depending on availability and market.

I don't know if people enjoy association as much as I do, but I hope they are mindful of this.
    If anyone has a 2ksports account on their forum or twitter, I hear they actually read suggestions so if you agree, feel free to post some of these ideas.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thank god for removing the predictable post fakes from 2K11. Dirk's post game is amazing. Will be looking forward to use this new post system with the "Ice Cream Man" and the "Dream". ;)

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

These scripted animations that soak you into another player or a certain motion that you can't break out of. These were heavy in 2k11 and ruined the experience(spin dunk etc.).

1 person likes this.
  19. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

I also noticed this while playing- the picture quality doesn't seem as sharp compared to 2k11, and gives the players a softer appearance. Also, the gameplay seems to be much faster compared to 2k11, which I think makes it less realistic. As for the positives, it seems as though they have improved upon shooting- shooting now feels more natural and thus true to each players shooting style/form.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

The controls definitely feel tighter than they did the last two years. That said, 2k9 controlled sharper still.