1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Real Steel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 23, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing about this says "kids movie" to me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433035/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Steel

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/imax-distribute-two-touchstone-releases-57118

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

1. You can't possibly know that this movie is bad. It's not out yet.

2. You get the troll rep by being constantly negative and derogatory.

Now, back to the ignore list! Vite!

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Oh no I'm on your ignore list! You're probably handicap if you can't tell this movie is going to be bad. I guessed people are a "troll" if they are rightfully negative about how bad a certain movie is going to be. You're known for starting up crappy thread on crappy movies.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Saw this last night -- it was entertaining the robot boxing aspect was cool and the phone Jackman had was really cool (it was like a clear iphone)

the movie itself had some cheesy parts to it and predictable parts (i mean it did have the little kid be the other main character)

evangeline lilly is still looking good of course

i guess my expectations were kind of low on this film so i was surprised by it but I still would give it a 6.5/10

I guess the best way I could put is that had I paid to go see this in the theater I would not feel like I wasted my money but at the same time I could have probably waited to watch it on blu-ray at home. so like if you are wanted to go see a movie in the theaters and nothing else looks appealing this is a good bet to watch and be entertained

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Good to know, will probably give it a run on video but not when it comes out.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

7. across110thstreet

so you took someone off your ignore list to specifically read a comment that was coincidentally written to you personally? ;)

I heard about this movie from Jim Rome. he's been dogging it for months now, since the trailer came out in theaters.

granted it's not out yet but this has Box Office FAIL written all over it.
    now you might enjoy it and that's perfectly fine, but it's not a stretch to predict that this movie will not only do poorly in theaters, but that it will actually be BAD.

8. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Zing, you got me.

I hit 'view', so saying 'back to the ignore list' was a misnomer...he was never off of the ignore list. But chances are good that if CB is posting in my thread, it's to talk smack. What can I say? It was a moment of weakness.

Anyway, I'll be taking my son to this movie this weekend. Glad that it isn't horrible. Kids have a different perspective than adults when it comes to what makes a movie 'good'.

9. percicles

percicles Member

Does Hugh Jackman sing in this. I Like it when he breaks into song. He's so dreamy.

[​IMG]

10. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Opens tomorrow. Going to take the kid to see it.

11. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Movie was GREAT! Awesome sports movie, great father-son movie, good pacing...goofy and over the top at points but it worked in those points. Robots were cool, fights were cool....great flick.

12. conquistador#11

Has anyone noticed that around every five years, a boxing movie comes out that is nominated for every award? It's usually the same concept, said boxer has hit rock bottom and is attempting a comeback. every single time we love it. Yeah, this isn't one of those films, but
    I will give it a chance when it's out on dvd.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Saw this on a free preview on Tuesday. It's the original Rocky movie but with Robots. Whether you wait until Netflix or not its worth a look.

14. Xerobull

Supporting Member

You just described the plot of 99% of sports movies, ever. It's a formula, and it works.

As far as this movie goes, there's no groundbreaking drama...It's just a good, fun sports movie.

Place was packed, too.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I like how all the commercials for this film have made it look like an upbeat drama but before it was an action packed slugfest. Lol

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rocket River

17. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Member

Just got back from seeing this.

This movie does not have an original story line, it is cheesy at various points, and sometimes feels like a big B movie with a big budget for CGI. That being said.............

I cannot remember the last time that I had such a good time watching a movie! I actually found myself cheering in my seat (something I NEVER do) as well as laughing out loud at several parts. I think my audience really helped my experience. Everyone was enjoying the hell out of it and cheering.

The kid was great and really added to the movie. Normally child actors who play too big of a role can annoy me. This was not the case.

The fight scenes were incredible and had me at the edge of my seat. Absolutely awesome special effects. If you have a son, it would be a crime not to take him with you to see this.

For those that say wait until DVD I respectfully disagree. This is a movie that should definitely be seen on a huge screen with incredible sound. If you are on the fence about seeing this movie, do yourself a favor and go.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

This plot is pathetic.

Arm-wrestling for the custody of your kid. Now that's a plot

[​IMG]

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One more thing

They did manage to make all the villians minorities
    They got them all in one scoop
    Black Robot
    Asian Programmer