1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rick Adelman to coach Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Sep 12, 2011.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

I saw this one coming. Kevin McHale to the rockets and Rick to t-wolves. Very nice.

2. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

$20M for 4 years.
    maybe that's why he agreed to the deal

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Isn't that the same deal he got with us?if so please people stfu with the "he got overpaid that why he did it"

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think Rick has several good pieces to work with in Minnesota, so it will be interesting to see how they perform. If they make the playoffs, Rick will probably be coach of the year.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

If Miller starts then Minny doesn't make the playoffs.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

They’ll get better, but 17 wins to 45+? Not happening. All the Adelman haters will be surely trolling hard about how overrated Rick couldn’t get the worst team in the league into the playoffs in one season, though.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

If a good coach adds about +5 wins with everything being equal, he should add about +10 wins following up a bad coach. Add on two top 5 picks in Rubio and Williams, that should add around another +5 wins. The improvement in Love should total another +2. All together +17 wins should be a fair and achievable goal, coming in at around 34 wins total.

Playoffs? Relevance? Better than the Rockets?

No.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chris Jent MVP

according to the rick smokers, the rockets are the worst team in the league.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

with all the Rick fan boys I cant wait for the exodus of new Timberwolves fans

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

No one cares what you say because you lie about everything. You say everyone here hates Morey, when if you actually read the board it's quite the opposite. The majority of people think Morey is very good, and rightfully so. Sorry it bugs you so much that most people happen to think Adelman was very good too and appreciate what he did for us.

1 person likes this.
  11. Chris Jent MVP

i always tell the truth, even when i lie :cool:

12. Chris Jent MVP

i hope mcgrady joins the twolves so all the annoying fanboys can be in one place :p

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This is the number I came up with as well. I usually dont make predictions, but for some reason I find myself urged to make them on this matter.

1) 34 wins (or double their win % if season shortened)this coming year, no more than 42 the following year.
    2) By year 3, Minny will still not make the playoffs putting either Rick or Kahn or both in the owners and fans doghouse.
    3) Before year 5 begins, either Rick or Kahn will not be there.

I really think for Rick this is more about the 25M than truly believing he can right Minny's ship. I bet he is thinking also that he wont have to coach more than 3 years to get it either.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

34 wins would be pretty danged good improvement for that team, with their youth etc.

DD

15. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I wish coach Adelman the best of luck in Minnesota. I loved him when he was a coach on the Rockets and wish he was still here.

1 person likes this.
  16. Chris Jent MVP

i wish him luck in minny as well. just not as much luck as the rockets.

i like rick, i really do. i like him alot more when he's holding another team back instead of ours.

17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Or maybe he wants to coach basketball.

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I think that at the time of the Mike Brown signing, Rick was still unclear if he really wanted to continue coaching. If the Lakers job was still vacant I think they would of choose Rick, but i really think Rick would now rather go to an non-contending team instead of a contender, trying to prove something to himself and DM

1 person likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is the one thing we can agree on regarding the T-Wolves.

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

According to the Star Tribune, we gave him $16.25M over 4 years- http://m.startribune.com/news/?id=129695988&c=y

Nobody said $5M/yr is overpaying for him (we all know he is a great coach) but there is no denying that he settled with a lesser team due to the cash.