1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola top scorer of all time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Audioout, Sep 3, 2011.

1. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I don't like Splitter too much. He is great on defense and OK at rebounding. But his offense is totally atrocious.

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I love the idea of Splitter. Since OHMSS the dumbass doesn't think too highly of him, I bet he's going to be great.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Congrats Luis !

DD

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stay far away from Tiago Splitter.

Start talking Roy Hibbert. :grin:

(Patrick Patterson needs to be a starter)

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I have actually seen Splitter play before. That's why I don't like him that much. He is very good at defense, but some of his offense is almost high school level.

He is pretty good at pick and roll offense, but any other facet of the game offensively he is really weak at.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It's weird...he seems to play hard every night...yet his numbers look average most days and really great others. He's a GOOD but not GREAT player...I like him on the team, but I'd give him up for someone better in a heartbeat.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Congrats Scola!

he always gives hustle and heart to the rockets and to the Argentinian Team.

8. rocketsmetalspd

Hell no don't do it Morey. This the guy besides Chuck that should be allowed to retire as Rockets.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that...

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He's good, but with our team he's wasting his time. It would be better for the longrun. Unless we drastically improve our roster with the addition of an athletic 2-3 that can score and create and legitimate defensive center. If we don't, trade him if we can get something worth it.

11. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

It is pretty clear Argentina is washed up, they've been playing the same core for about 10 years and there have been no new young players who can share the load. Hell, even Oberto and Sánchez came out of retirement and still made the team. My point was just that a declining Scola is still likely to be voted tournament MVP, whereas a peaking Gutiérrez isn't.
    About Leo Gutiérrez: he suffered an arrhythmia and needed heart surgery.

12. roksoer

roksoer Member

so he's had 3 bad games so far, it's not really his fault, he struggles against zone defense which is what every team set up against Slovenia so far
    and the coach isn't really utilizing him that well anyways
    I have no idea why you even brought dragič up in this discussion

13. redhotrox

Exactly. That’s the thing, Luis may not look as sharp as usual due to injuries and age, but he’s still a damn good player.

But OHMSS will see a thread where we’re congratulating our player and being happy for him and has to add his grossly exaggerated trollish comment about Luis being a “shell of his former self.” Every. Single. Time.

Sergio Llull thread: OHMMS will come alert us when Llull has a terrible game. Does he ever come here to tell us about a good game he had? Of course not. Oh, and he probably has it through his delusional head that we think Lull is a “future star.”

D-Mo thread: OHMSS will repeat over and over how D-Mo is marshmallow soft and can’t guard anyone worth a damn. He does this to reiterate how Morey was an idiot for drafting this guy, while completely ignoring that, flaws and all, D-Mo was good value for a 20th pick.

If he acknowledged anything good about the Rockets EVER, then he’d probably have a lot more credibility around here. But since his sole mission here is to crap all over the Rockets and insult all their fans, that is why he's been labeled the EuroTroll.

14. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with any of that. I just meant that Scola isn't what he was a year ago before the knee injury. I'm sorry to here about Leo Gutierrez. He is one of the best shooters I have ever seen and maybe even the best in terms of range. I guess his career is over then?

15. acjeitherocket

congrats to scoooolaaaaaa

16. redhotrox

On the decline Scola lead Argentina with 22 points in a win over Canada today.

Why doesn’t Nash play for Canada? They could really use him. Does he ever play?

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He did in the past. Many years ago.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Man I love Luis, he looks so fired up on the front of the ESPN NBA section.

19. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

We should send scola back with bud to the spurs for mcdyess, splitter and unprotected first rounder in 2015. Scola and Manu play together. Spurs extend their window. Mcdyess comes off books at an opportune time. We get a big with a brain in splitter. Patterson gets more minutes. Twill and Morris can time at the 3. And by 2015 that spurs pick will be a nice asset as spurs decline.

Who says no?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No thanks...

DD