1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DRose: "There's no doubt that I will win multiple championships."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Aug 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but I’m not satisfied. I won’t be satisfied until I win a championship. I’m not satisfied at all. There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship. I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind.

Thoughts?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"Not 2... not 3... not 4..."

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well at least he is... confident.

1 person likes this.
  4. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

Somebody needs to save this quote after every season, whatever happened to players being humble BEFORE they win championship(s)?

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Somebody needs to draft, or accept my trade proposal.

6. AFS

AFS Member

dang, was thinking about making that same joke as soon as i read the op. nice one

7. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

wrong thread small son lol

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that's a bold statement. winning the mvp is cool and all, but it takes a team to win a championship no matter how much better he gets.

maybe he's been watching too many of his own adidas commercials

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At least it wasn't rehearsed and he didn't say 7 championships during a dance and worship orgy in front of slathering fans. It was a spontaneous response to an interview question.

10. HorneR

HorneR Member

I wouldn't want my superstar to have any other mindset. No idea how this is being viewed in a negative light.

1 person likes this.
  11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Exactly... This is exactly what you want.. I'd trade any 5 players on our team to get this guy..

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA players are confident? Say it ain't so!

13. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

if there's a season next year the bulls will probably win.. Derrick is very good at seeing the near future. He called himself mvp 8 months before it happened, now he could very well be doing the same thing about a championship. If they win in the possible 11-12 season we should start wondering if he can in fact see the future.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did he do it live on TV in front of packed house in his arena?

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not humble, but I think NBA superstars think they are supposed to say stuff like that. They want to appear self-confident. Sometimes, they do it inartfully.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When hitting Free Agency he gonna launch on espn and announce taking his talents to South Beach to help his buddies Bron, Wade and Bosh get their first ring.

17. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Geez, way to overreact. He didn't say the quote in your thread title, he said there is no doubt in HIS mind that he will. That's confidence, ambition, whatever you wanna call it. Is it arrogant? A little bit, but just the right amount. Still not the same as assuring he will win multiple titles (let alone 7)

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He's got the right attitude, in my opinion. You want your star player to expect to win. I'd be pissed if I were a Bulls fan and he said "I don't know if I'll ever win, we'll just have to wait and see. But if I don't ever win a championship, I'll still be content just playing in the NBA."

All that humble stuff is good and all, but if you don't think you're good enough to win a championship, who will?

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

He said he had no doubt in his mind. He didn't say he guarantees more championships than MJ. I hope he gets one in his career, unless he turns into a megadouche sometime in the future.

20. meshflesh

meshflesh Member

Marbury doomed his career when he declared that he was the best pg in the nba.