1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Well this is disappointing. I flipped to KHOU's digital channel that usually carries the Dynamo games. The guide says it's on, but instead I'm getting some travel show about Las Vegas.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Nevermind...The game is on FS Houston tonight. And it's also starting at 7 and not 6:30. I guess they just didn't bother to update the channel guide.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

What an incredible turn of events in tonight's match. New England put up a goal in the fourth minute. The Dynamo had been knocking on the door all night but couldn't get anything past Matt Reis in goal. In the 90th minute, the Dynamo got a corner. Costly got a header off in the box, Reis made a save, but Bobby Boswell put the rebound in the net to tie it at one goal apiece.

We're currently in minute two of three minutes of stoppage time.

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This one is over, but not before things got chippy. Literally seconds before the referee blew the final whistle.

Adam Moffat was chasing down a ball in Revolution territory trailing a NE defender. He collided with the defender just as goalkeeper Matt Reis was getting there as well. Moffat and Reis sandwiched the defender, causing him to fall down on the sideline. Then Reis shoved Moffat and got in his face. Reis was tossed from the game for the shove and the ensuing shouting match.

I don't see why Reis is all that upset. It's just as much his fault that the defender got knocked down since he was involved in the collision as well. Moffat made a clean play for the ball.

Great point for the Dynamo. They have been so bad on the road this season that this can't be seen as anything less than a success even with the Revolution struggling so badly lately.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I like the Dynamo, and at times i like soccer. But i can never love a sport where 40% of the games end in a draw.

I hate ties, and some of the ties end up without anyone even scoring. You watch a game for 90 plus minutes, nobody scores, nobody wins. Theres a reason all of the other sports in America have all but eliminated the possibility of a draw.

The very thought of "playing for a draw" offends my competitive sensibilities. There is no such thing as a good tie, some just suck a little less.

If the dynamo make the postseason, I'll watch, and I'm glad they got their new stadium, but this bothers me almost as much as the flopping.

6. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I watch tonight's game and after New England score the 1st goal, they didn't try/attempt to get a 2nd goal just play a prevent-type bunker defense for most of the game. The Dynamo after they tied the game, they're trying to go for the win. After looking at the current standings in the Eastern Conference they got a chance to grab the #2 seed and they're not far behind the #1 seed.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

damn, sounded like an incredible finish.

I feel asleep, so I missed it.

8. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

9. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Not soccer related but Dynamo related, here's a sneak peek of the 2011-12 Dynamo Girls calendar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

God damn, i swear, every year it seems the dynamo girls get hotter and hotter while the rpds get sorry. Last season, I barely gave a damn abou the rpds.

Are you reading this skinny Susie? Are you reading this the Bear? Are you reading this Leslie? Are you reading this Tad?

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Huge 3 points tonight with the pretty much literal last second goal. Now if we can only get that road win.

14. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Best game of the regular season and getting 7 points in 7 days.

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

They were really fluid with the ball,best I've seen this season . What an intense match. I smell finals...

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First Dynamo game I've been able to go to in over a year and it was fantastic. Really a tale of two halves. The Orange looked awful in the first, but came out firing in the second against one of MLS' better squads. What's best is that the friend I was with played high school soccer with Dixon, the player who scored the winning goal.

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That was a pretty epic ending to the game. We pretty much have to win out at home and start getting wins on the road to secure a playoff spot, so a draw tonight just wouldn't have been good enough. I was stunned for a couple of seconds after Dixon's goal, first by the fact that it went in, and then I kept thinking it would be disallowed for some reason.

And we really did play poorly in the first half, we were constantly giving the ball away in terrible positions, but they cleaned it up quite a bit in the second half and came out with something to prove.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

What a strike by Dixon. Glenn Davis put it well after the game. He said that he doubts that Dixon really knew where the keeper was or which way he really wanted to go with the ball at the time of the original touch.

20. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Let's not get too hasty. Still major problems with the back line that need to be solved FAST.